HIM HER..?

Maybe i am just me. Maybe i am thick as two short planks as it seems the general consensus would suggest. Or maybe i am someone who rubbed some of you up the wrong way.
What is interesting though is that you found my views good or bad worth speculation as to my origins. So maybe i am an enigma.
My thoughts.

Or maybe your just having your Andy Warhol moment mate. :)

I haven’t expressed any opinion about you, I don’t know you and haven’t had any interaction with you. I was expressing an opinion about Him Her.
Yes @Trabbs certainly not coming from your corner mate.
But the last couple of days have been uncomfortable posts made about @Last Boy Scout
He voiced his opinion in a thread.
Since then its been a joke, unfortunately the joke is at someone elses expense.
I disagreed with everything @Last Boy Scout said.
But there you go
Bit strong Stevie? I wouldn't say disagreeing with someone constitutes victimisation mate.
@HibbyDave i think the way @Last Boy Scout is being treated after what he posted in another thread has been out of order.
He is more than able to defend himself but i dont like seeing members made a joke out of. (Or trolled)
He did post useful information about moving files... some of that i was unsure of, does that make me “unintelligent”?
@Trabbs was not directed at you mate as it was light hearted joke.
Is good thread mate, until jokes are made at other members expense.
And as you can see in @Last Boy Scout post in this thread hes not happy.
FS: Its tech forum.
😡

Maybe i am just me. Maybe i am thick as two short planks as it seems the general consensus would suggest. Or maybe i am someone who rubbed some of you up the wrong way.
What is interesting though is that you found my views good or bad worth speculation as to my origins. So maybe i am an enigma.
My thoughts.
Wrong with your prediction. You remind us of a previous member who has not been on for a while?. Are you an old member returning perhaps???.

@HibbyDave i think the way @Last Boy Scout is being treated after what he posted in another thread has been out of order.
He is more than able to defend himself but i dont like seeing members made a joke out of. (Or trolled)
He did post useful information about moving files... some of that i was unsure of, does that make me “unintelligent”?

😡
[/QUOTE]

I never referred you where mucker, now chill it's the weekend. ;)👍

My thoughts.
Without a deviant there would be no debate ;) Remember the film "12 angry men" ?

In the twelve angry men our Henry makes all the others change their view and agree with him! (Laughs Softly) I cannot see that happening here though it might be good if it did. Am i an old returning member. An interesting thought. Alas i have been a member for a while long before the disappearance of the people in question so no i am neither him or her whom ever they are. I have to be honest about the knickers, I havent seen a pair in quite some time let alone sniffed any. (Smiles) But i live in hope
My Thoughts

@river4ever I was responding to Last Boy Scout really so no problem anyway. Have to admit there did seem to be some contradictions in the other thread. No personal insults but they did seem to be flying both ways. May have been easier to close the thread than to have it continue as a slanging match but that’s easy to say after the event. I guess we will all have a view and the thing to do is respect the other persons right to have a different view, without resorting to insults or put downs. Not trying to cause any upset so trying to choose words carefully. I deliberately did not comment on other thread as I didn’t want to fuel the 🔥.

In the twelve angry men our Henry makes all the others change their view and agree with him! (Laughs Softly) I cannot see that happening here though it might be good if it did. Am i an old returning member. An interesting thought. Alas i have been a member for a while long before the disappearance of the people in question so no i am neither him or her whom ever they are. I have to be honest about the knickers, I havent seen a pair in quite some time let alone sniffed any. (Smiles) But i live in hope
My Thoughts
Witchy???

Witchy???

No way is that witchy! He was never that articulate, although I do miss witchy. One of my favourite members that stayed, then got banned, then came back and left again. I've seen many good members come and go, and seen lots of drama around the forum, both as a member and as a mod at 1 point. We all have to remember this is the internet and not real life, I think we all get a little invested in stuff sometimes unnecessarily, and the written word can be interpreted in many ways, often causing offence or distress.

Remember a couple of things, offence is something that can only be taken and never given. The written word can be interpreted many ways, so try not to read too much into what has been written.

Some of you are lucky some of the older mods are not here, one specifically comes to mind, that would've ban hammered people with great delight, I miss James :)

My Thoughts

Really sad to read that mate, if you want I could send you a pair of my Morag's or if you prefer a pair of mine, or both, you could wear one and sniff the other, just pm me your address mucker. 👍

Really sad to read that mate, if you want I could send you a pair of my Morag's or if you prefer a pair of mine, or both, you could wear one and sniff the other, just pm me your address mucker. 👍

+1 from me for Moira's knickers. They're especially fragrant :)

Witchy??? Am i warlock?
Are you insinuating i might have magical powers? That i have the characteristic of a witch?
One could be so easily offended by such Remarks. 😱

Morag (Scottish Gaelic: Mòrag) is the nickname given to a loch monster believed by some to live in Loch Morar, Scotland. After Nessie, it is among the most written about of Scotland's legendary monsters. "Morag", a Scottish female name, is a pun on the name of the loch. Reported sightings date back to 1887, and included 34 incidents by 1981. Sixteen of these involved multiple witnesses.
So you wear knickers? Interesting that they must be so dam big.
I think i will decline your offer and let you smell the sweet fragrance all on your own
My thoughts

Witchy??? Am i warlock?
Are you insinuating i might have magical powers? That i have the characteristic of a witch?
One could be so easily offended by such Remarks. 😱

Witchy was a previous members screen name, he was from Renfrewshire, Lanarkshire somewhere. His wife was also part of the forum, and he had an inane ability to offend without actually trying. Personally, I always found him to be amicable, but others less so.

Going on your posts, you seem a very eloquent person, although you post in an odd manner. The quotes you use intrigue me, so you clearly think a lot before you write your posts, somewhat cryptically perhaps to appear to be someone else, or to appear to be smarter than perhaps you actually are. Or you're a very well educated older person, who enjoys a good discussion, either way I think the jury is still out upon your persona, and identity.

My advice to you would be to offer your opinions as you have, but not to be so antagonistic, you seem to enjoy posting controversy, but then take offence when someone takes the bait. Classic bait and switch tactics.

His "eloquence" seems to have somewhat let him down in this instance. 🤭
The only time i do i have one back-up that i make when my machine is all clean and set-up exactly as i want. Office, photo's etc, all the programs i use. There is not really that much on most machines that you pathetically need. So a clean install is sometimes very good.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the word should be specifically.

A somewhat guarded yet well crafted reply Lady Janet. The reply you refer to was nothing more than my way of saying i am not that person nor his wife. The reference to the word was also just innocent in its entirety. As you may have noted i actually received a like for that from the person; so one must assume that my humour has been seen for what it was. Not meant to antagonize or upset.
You Make note of my antagonistic and controversial posts and suggest that i bait others. An interesting but misguided statement i would suspect.
In my defense i would point out that this particular thread was set up to discuss who i am and basically to Amuse people. Most of the antagonistic, controversial and offensive remarks were made long before i arrived.
Take for example Chucky. He scours the forums looking at every word i say. Trying to find fault as in the case shown above in all its splendor! Yet all he shows really is how apt the word he has chosen to highlight reflects upon his actions. Sometimes people do act pathetically would you not agree? When you considered that was from a post leaving some of my thoughts in hope that someone might have found it helpful and like most things, nothing what so ever to do with here. But he is such a doll we will not mention it. (Smiles)
That all said i must also thank you for being nice in your post, It makes a refreshing change.
Your post and this one are like two slices of bread in a sandwich. But the filling!! (Shudders) we should chuck it away. (Winks)

A somewhat guarded yet well crafted reply Lady Janet. The reply you refer to was nothing more than my way of saying i am not that person nor his wife. The reference to the word was also just innocent in its entirety. As you may have noted i actually received a like for that from the person; so one must assume that my humour has been seen for what it was. Not meant to antagonize or upset.
You Make note of my antagonistic and controversial posts and suggest that i bait others. An interesting but misguided statement i would suspect.
In my defense i would point out that this particular thread was set up to discuss who i am and basically to Amuse people. Most of the antagonistic, controversial and offensive remarks were made long before i arrived.
Take for example Chucky. He scours the forums looking at every word i say. Trying to find fault as in the case shown above in all its splendor! Yet all he shows really is how apt the word he has chosen to highlight reflects upon his actions. Sometimes people do act pathetically would you not agree? When you considered that was from a post leaving some of my thoughts in hope that someone might have found it helpful and like most things, nothing what so ever to do with here. But he is such a doll we will not mention it. (Smiles)
That all said i must also thank you for being nice in your post, It makes a refreshing change.
Your post and this one are like two slices of bread in a sandwich. But the filling!! (Shudders) we should chuck it away. (Winks)

The forum in general is a very welcoming place, one which you will likely enjoy and learn from should you choose to stay.

LBS, you wouldn't be the first person to be "accused/believed" to be a previous member who has returned with an axe to grind, but I for one don't think you're him/her either. Your posting style isn't similar, unless you're cleverly stylising your responses accordingly.

Lower your guard a little, and try not to take things personally, this is the internet after all. People will have differing opinions, that is what makes life interesting.

Perhaps Huxley describe things the best in Brave New World, and I see much of that fiction true in today's modern society, and especially the internet in general. There used to be an ignore button, not sure if that is still a feature, but i'd suggest using it for a little while if you feel comfortable to do so. That is not to say that others haven't also posted antagonistically, but perhaps they're more established here so their posts are accepted more by the wider audience.

!984 would be my thoughts

Whist I would agree we're living in a dystopian world with disinformation being spread by all sides, im not sure you got the reference I was referring to. If you've not already, then read the title I suggested, having read most of the classics personally, I would say that is one of my favourites along with 1984, and Catch22. Looking forward to watching the adaptation that they're going to release staring clooney.

Back