Hi-Def Dreambox 800

can someone tell me what sort of cable i need for the hd to work incase i get one? my house is gettin stripped so want the cable in the wall out the way ready for when i get one, cheers. a link would be great too.

Mate your best off running as many hdmi cables as you can,and the you can just get one of these,if you decide to get the dreambox.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DVI-D-Dual-Li...ryZ41999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Because apart from the dreambox,not many devices will work through DVI,so it would be foolish to put a hdmi-dvi cable in,when a hdmi-hdmi cable will work with a multitude of products and an adaptor will make it work with the dreambox.

well just got it flashed and have to say dose look well even over scart when have settings set will hook up to hd tv also max give me a cable tunner to play about with so they do ship with cable tunners in them here is a couple of pictures took on my phone so sorry will get better ones when all set up

just out of curiosity as i am thinking of getting one of these myself, the cable dvi to hdmi for this box, does it carry audio though the lead for the tv or will u need to use seperate audio outs from the box for audio ??

just out of curiosity as i am thinking of getting one of these myself, the cable dvi to hdmi for this box, does it carry audio though the lead for the tv or will u need to use seperate audio outs from the box for audio ??

It does carry audio over dvi.

If your getting a HDMI and its over 3m then signal will start to degrade with cheap cables. 3m cable is very long and should do the job unless the box is no where near the tv

www.tvcables.co.uk
www.ebuyer.com

gold plated DVI > HDMI cable would be about £5-8 from those sites. TVcables is cheaper for delivery if your just after the 1 item

Mate your best off running as many hdmi cables as you can,and the you can just get one of these,if you decide to get the dreambox.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DVI-D-Dual-Li...ryZ41999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Because apart from the dreambox,not many devices will work through DVI,so it would be foolish to put a hdmi-dvi cable in,when a hdmi-hdmi cable will work with a multitude of products and an adaptor will make it work with the dreambox.

HDMI > DVI could be used for a PC as most graphic cards have DVI. Would be best to get say 2-3 cables put behind the wall if your going to chase up behind plaster. so you could use the cable for a HTPC as well as your dreambox

just get 1 DVI > HDMI and 2x HDMI > HDMI cables cost you about £25 for 3x3m cables

Last edited:
little warning !!

lo all just found this bit of info regarding the hd800 may interest a few :)

cheers

osborne82

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

ooo im so tempted lol, but its either this, or a diesel processor thingy to turn veg oil into fuel

hmmmmmm

HDMI > DVI could be used for a PC as most graphic cards have DVI. Would be best to get say 2-3 cables put behind the wall if your going to chase up behind plaster. so you could use the cable for a HTPC as well as your dreambox

just get 1 DVI > HDMI and 2x HDMI > HDMI cables cost you about £25 for 3x3m cables

yeah but the only other device to use dvi is a htpc,when most devices use hdmi and an adaptor for dvi can be used.Only a fool would run a dvi cable imo because with hdmi-hdmi and adptor will work perfectly,if you use a hdmi to dvi cable and stick a hdmi adaptor on,it will not pass sound.

As telewest said,a cheap hdmi cable is ok for 2m runs or shorter but buy and expensive one if you are gona go over 2m,especially if you are gona be using a blu ray or whatever at 1080p.

It may pass 720p or 1080i but a cheap cable on a long run will probably not pass 1080p.

Last edited:
well setting up sats is a bit of a mess but finding alot out while im going over it , i have a 3 meter hdmi cable going to the receiver and it plugs into a converter i got at maplins and sends sound to tv no probs picture is very nice as i have a humax 2000 and think the dm is alot alot better only thing at the min that is doing my head in is the scan its very slow but im sure this will change with new images that will come have not tryed any cams as im still setting up i hope to have some good pictures to night or tomorrow

The new 'baby' HiDef from dream multimedia is due for public release in 6 weeks time. The DM800 will be similar to the DM600 with the single card slot and will offer High Definition output via a DVI port. The box will ship with a DVI to full HDMI_1.3 convertor lead rather than have direct hdmi output (due to licensing). More details to follow soon.

Pictures aren't great quality-
http://i29.tinypic.com/242xx93.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2a5m8pi.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/v7xe01.jpg

##We hasten to share with all visitors of our site the first impressions about the NEW receiver from DreamMultimedia model DM800 HD PVR.
- The receiver has the sizes similar DM600-S PVR.
- On the forward panel opens (as at DM7020 or DM7020) under which to be one card.
- The forward panel as is equipped high-contrast LCD by the display (a small variant of the display similar DM7025 +). The display has blue color.
- The receiver allows to accept Mpeg-4 AVC H.264
- The receiver has built in HDD for record including programs under Full HD the sanction. ON a receiver (Enigma II - on architecture very much reminds ON from DM7025 +) allows to establish HDD in capacity up to 500s. Enigma II has the Russian version of the menu, correctly displays names of channels in Russian and work EPG.
- The receiver has one replaceable tuner DVB-S2, which can be easily replaced (at all not having special skills) on DVB-C or DVB-T.
- In the complete set of receiver DM800 HD PVR the big board similar from DM7025 + is enclosed
- The receiver is equipped external and a current
Now we shall paint sockets:
On the back panel are present: RS232, DVI, 2xUSB2.0, LAN-Ethernet 10/100, Scart, optical port of digital audio S/PDIF and the plug for connection +12B from external .
For reception of output HDMI complete with a receiver there is cable DVI-HDMI (HDMI version 1.3) long 1,8 meters.
We shall soon place a photo of a receiver and its description on our site in the form of separate clause.
The first deliveries of receivers DM800 HD PVR are planned on 15-25 march 2008. Watch news...
HI I GOT MY ONE FROM WWW.DREAMBOXSHOP.CO.UK

there has been some driver updates for the 800 and things are starting to look good a friend had his set up to a hd projector and was getting alot of lines very bad picture but with these new updates every thing is 100% getting a new cam today so i will upload some new pictures later

Back