Hi-Def Dreambox 800

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
The new 'baby' HiDef from dream multimedia is due for public release in 6 weeks time. The DM800 will be similar to the DM600 with the single card slot and will offer High Definition output via a DVI port. The box will ship with a DVI to full HDMI_1.3 convertor lead rather than have direct hdmi output (due to licensing). More details to follow soon.

Pictures aren't great quality-
http://i29.tinypic.com/242xx93.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2a5m8pi.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/v7xe01.jpg

##We hasten to share with all visitors of our site the first impressions about the NEW receiver from DreamMultimedia model DM800 HD PVR.
- The receiver has the sizes similar DM600-S PVR.
- On the forward panel opens (as at DM7020 or DM7020) under which to be one card.
- The forward panel as is equipped high-contrast LCD by the display (a small variant of the display similar DM7025 +). The display has blue color.
- The receiver allows to accept Mpeg-4 AVC H.264
- The receiver has built in HDD for record including programs under Full HD the sanction. ON a receiver (Enigma II - on architecture very much reminds ON from DM7025 +) allows to establish HDD in capacity up to 500s. Enigma II has the Russian version of the menu, correctly displays names of channels in Russian and work EPG.
- The receiver has one replaceable tuner DVB-S2, which can be easily replaced (at all not having special skills) on DVB-C or DVB-T.
- In the complete set of receiver DM800 HD PVR the big board similar from DM7025 + is enclosed
- The receiver is equipped external and a current
Now we shall paint sockets:
On the back panel are present: RS232, DVI, 2xUSB2.0, LAN-Ethernet 10/100, Scart, optical port of digital audio S/PDIF and the plug for connection +12B from external .
For reception of output HDMI complete with a receiver there is cable DVI-HDMI (HDMI version 1.3) long 1,8 meters.
We shall soon place a photo of a receiver and its description on our site in the form of separate clause.
The first deliveries of receivers DM800 HD PVR are planned on 15-25 march 2008. Watch news...

Last edited:
just hope it's not another case like the supposedly 8000 where they were saying it was getting released soon but never did then got scrapped.

i wander if theres going to be a better version similar to the 7020 or 7025 as the folloing pics were on there websites no long ago.............................
new_hdtv_faves_02.jpg

Have they officially scrapped the 8000???

:(

Not that I was gonna buy one anyway, the 800 is more my type of thing, but very dissapointing news regardless.

That's fooking shite. I thought the 8000 was round the corner with twin tuners, which would offer something brand new.
There are other quality boxes on the market with single tuners that will run emulators and do the same job.

well there goes my dream waited 20 months and looks like thats the END.

ANY BODY HAS COMMENTS ABIP 9000 FROM AB-COM

ITS HD PLUG AND PLAY TUNERS T/S/C

yes the 8000 has been officially scrapped apparantly:(

Seems crazy if the only thing holding it back was the licensing for HDMI. If they can get around this on the 800 by putting it out via DVI then why can't they do the same for the 8000 instead of writing it all off?

DVI dosn't typically carry sound, how they gonna get around that?

It is possible to output audio and HDCP over DVI, much like they do on some PC cards. Don't know about some of the other features of latest HDMI standard though like lip-sync and CEC

799 euros

Being on other sites at a price of around 799 euros seems a lot of money for this and its being suggested it will be in dealers in about 2 weeks?
we shall wait and see if true

The main competition for the dm800 will be the IPbox 9000HD from Abcom (re-brand of Relook) and this release is also imminent but will supposedly be priced at 599 euros retail. The 9000HD DOES have hdmi license and Abcom have plans to also release a cheaper smaller '900HD' baby version in time that will be more similar to the dm800. http://www.satupdate.net/inc/thumb.php?f=/soubory/web_data/64/9000 front.jpg&noresize

The dreambox will likely be more expensive than the main rival initially so yes expect to pay around £500 or more! I'm sure many dream multimedia fans will be jumping ship due to price. In the end, image & emu support will be the key factor & both of these teams have great track history.

Rear of dm800 attached. Note that there arent any audio outputs.

It is possible for dvi connections to carry audio but its best to read wiki rather than me explain :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVI -Read the Radeon HD audio part, I'm sure dmm will use a similar design in its convertor cable.
Basically with the supplied lead the dm800 will still be able to provide HD & audio to hdmi sockets. As for the hdcp this is covered on that same page in Wiki. Hdcp stripping isnt really a problem, i'd say this will be a software addon or built into the non-official images as standard.

now if this is true and the guy is just of the phone to me who owns the sat shop the 800 will be on sale in the uk from this week he has had some small amounts but they went to people who were in at the start with orders also there is a sat shop in berlin that says shipping immediately so it looks like it could be this week we can only wait and dream

now if this is true and the guy is just of the phone to me who owns the sat shop the 800 will be on sale in the uk from this week he has had some small amounts but they went to people who were in at the start with orders also there is a sat shop in berlin that says shipping immediately so it looks like it could be this week we can only wait and dream

What tuners mate just Sat or Cable as well????

Yes the dreams are begining to ship, so they may be here soon. Very limited few and dreams forum has some feedback from buyers (all satellite version only afaik). A long way to go with development but it seems some initial tuner problems have been solved. I have read that cs is up and running on it already.

Back