Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here We Go Again!!

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
hey all

now that you wonderful peeps helped me get my DVB-C setup up and running i wanna get it working exactly the way i want it lol

currently its running DVB Dream with plug

i can only record what i'm watching

soo...

what i want to do is

get it running so i can use a remote and record 1 channel whilst watching another

i wanna be able to move along the epg and select it to record summit like that, not just click record for x amount of minutes?

i have 2 twinham cards installed

is it possible to do what i want it to do?

TIA

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hey all

now that you wonderful peeps helped me get my DVB-C setup up and running i wanna get it working exactly the way i want it lol

currently its running DVB Dream with plug

i can only record what i'm watching

soo...

what i want to do is

get it running so i can use a remote and record 1 channel whilst watching another

i wanna be able to move along the epg and select it to record summit like that, not just click record for x amount of minutes?

i have 2 twinham cards installed

is it possible to do what i want it to do?

TIA

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Do you have media center??

dvblink for dvbviewer is realy good bit of software well worth the £25 been using it on win 7 for couple of months now and its great but it wont work on xp as you need vista tv pack which as far as i know is only compatable with vista worth upgrading to vista or win 7 you can still get the keys just to use this prog as its so easy to use once set up everything is run from mce

what does it allow me to do?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Allows you to link your device(s)/software to media center and use plugins (vplug) to decrypt, I'm sure vista/7 supports more than one card - as you want, use epg to schedule recordings, also use a media center remote!!!!

so i would have to install mce? or vista then this piece of software and i should be shooty in?

and it defo works with softcam????? lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I currently have win7 media center setup with a DVB-C via dvblink/dvbviewer set as a virtual DVB-S tuner within media center, I also have a dual DVB-S/DVB-T tuner setup within 7MC so thats 5 tuners all working fine but only the DVB-C one uses softcam, you can merge channels from all sources and select which tuner takes priority for each channel, nice swish interface too!

DVBLink will shortly be releasing a standalone bridge product so no DVBViewer/DVBDream etc will be required, I also think it will be mdapi compatible :Clap::banana::BLOBBY:

yes really is a cool piece of software and very easy to use i only have 1 floppy in it also using win7 a diablo and use vplug and its free to try

Back