here is the fix! THANKS TO TWOBEERCANS

Hi

Thanks TBC works like a dream, now to get me dad off me back.

Thanks again.

i got this working and i didnt disable any roms and sky sports came on within a minute do i need to disable any thing if its working?
thanks in advance for your help

sorry to have got the fix this way and the person who leaked it will spoil it for all the ppl who are willing to wait like me as all good things come to ppl who wait

but naturally i seen the fix you have been waiting for im obviously gonna grab it as u can see most ppl did

but a huge thankyou for the work twobeercans this is much appreciated and like others said have a ood think about ur descision about wot ur going to do

When will we have the official version of the fix? Due to the nature of the leaking of this file I WILL NOT use it until I am told I can by it's creator or the MOD of the forum!!

This guy deserves our respect we shouldn't just rip him off!!!

Got a picture the first time since Tuesday many thanks twobeercans, lasted only 20 secs rebooted, picture came back for 20 secs again, changed to newcam, picture came back again 20 secs, tried mgcamd picture stayed on for 2 minutes now it intermittingly freezes but picture returns seems to stick for 20 secs then returns any ideas

I would have been happy to wait till the developers were ready to release. Its pathetic that someone would try to pass their hard work off as their own. I just hope that astra and tbc dont retire from the scene, but I wouldn't blame them if they did.

thebigman

I totally agree with this statement!

Excellent work, thanks to all involved!

It's funny how myself and a few others are just completly baffled by this tail of skullduggery... I mean, WHAT!!!... I don't get it, and the over reactions that are going with it...

Anyway, whatever, ever thought about watching neighbours, theres a cliffhanger every episode!!!

I cant find any keys using rom7,
if i activate rom 10 or 11 it finds them no problem,
they just dont work!
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

My angle is that someone posted a beta version of someone elses software. This person had taken time and effort to provide a fix. Someone else tried to steel their thunder by posting before it was fully tested.Will the expert be so willing to share future fixes if treated like this?

many thanks

I bow to the superior knowledge of all experts especially twobeers this time thx m8:Cheers:

I'm sure that if TwoBeerCans or Astra read this thread, they will be fully aware of the high esteem that this community holds them in. . . As I am also sure that the guys that tried to claim others hard work will be receiving grief and bad posts, and will probably end up having to change their names to post on any cable forums in future. What goes around comes around. . .

Guys dont desert us coz two arseholes stitched you up, the real people know who you are, and we respect you greatly for sharing the fruits of your efforts.

enough said.

Thanks Guys - Great Job - FTP pointer

Blimmin Ek! It works. Thanks so much to all that worked on this and to DWz of course.

Noticed there are quite a few people out there having problems with the FTP part of this.

There is an FTP tutorial here:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/217/

This will show you how to hook up to Dbox2 from your PC, which will allow you to transfer the file available for download at the beginning of this thread. Note the location of where to put the file on your Dbox2.

If it doesn't work at first, double check everything, then try some of the things other people have done on this thread to "jigg" the file into action. It's also worth giving the Dbox2 a hard reset (hold the standby button on your Dbox2 remote for a few seconds, then power back on) after you have transferred the file.

Thanks again guys.:Clap::Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys all working here ...followed indtructions and all au thanks

ok look this is not mystical science nor is it a super dooper emulator...

i made this patch this morning with a little help on some of the rom function.'

i gave it to someone to test, next thing a rom7 patched rom appeared on unlockers.

rather stupidly i downloaded it and opened what i thought was the rom bin and my own bin - infact i had opened 2 copies of my own (what a plonker lol) so i flipped lmao..

as it turned out the bin posted on unlockers was Astra's NOT mine so i error'd.

the bin posted in this thread i assume is mine one because i asked JQ to test it cos i don't own a dbox or any other cable box (sky for me).

i myself was content to sit back until someone else fixed the dbox cos i read a thread a short time back where Itgate team appeared to be bigging themselves up - lolololl
knowing that a dbox2 fix would fix that box for them i was content for them to do it themselves as i am sure others were.

if you want to know how a bin image is patched then checkout the thread leading to the opus fix - it for rom10 but same principle just some small differences.
it not mystical it very simple edit to a rom image that the linux teams should have been able to do the same day the boxes went of well certainly within a few days.

so please if you do nothing else checkout the opus thread and the atmega challenge ect.. even threads knocking about how to fix and make blockers for rom cards - it is just a hobby don't let so much enjoyment be lost just for the sake of free tv and a quick fix.

respect to Astra for letting me off the hook cos it was you that fixed Itgate box saving them the trouble hehehehehehhe:Laugh::Laugh:

tbc

Nice1 tbc thx for all your efforts m8 & astra ;):Cheers:

Back