Help

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
2 Days now and I'm pulling my hair out.

Ok I installed a system a while back but got a poor signal on some sats because of trees. Brain wave, make new brackets, get a large pole and hoist it higher.

Ok I have done this but now I cannot for the life of me get a signal. The on screen bit says that the 'Level' is at 97% but in red and the quality is at 3-7 %.

I have tried sat finders ect but still cannot get the level to turn yellow or get an higher on the quality.

I have re checked connection as well as renew all the coax.

I sometime get a red light flashing on the motor, I phoned the technical department who replied 'Oh thats a new one' 'Send it back for testing to the shop you got it from' Big help eh :(

All I have really done is hoist the dish a further 6 foot in the air but cannot get the slightest trace of a signal :(

your dish angle may need to be moved downwards a bit(i`m no expert)with putting it six feet higher you may be missing the sats

you would be better off pm`ing digidude as he help me with most of my questions and always gave me an answer

Last edited:
i use an old analooge reciever to find astra at 19.2 its easier to lock on to a signal you just need someone looking at the tv for you or if possible have a tv where you can see it while adjusting the dish,i think the problem your having is almost ceartainly the elevation of the dish.

you only moved it coz u seen my post didnt you;)

i would try what bro says dutcho m8 do the ususal set to usals,send to reference,then thorpe 1 then try moving the dish including the elevation and see if that works m8

krazy

Dutcho what satellite are you trying to tune into first? I do know that the technomates sometimes show red and zero quality because its set to a default transponder that isnt transmitting at the moment. You may be on the correct satellite but its telling lies.

Menu>Installation>Motorised setting> then change the second line to a different transponder and see if things go yellow and blue.
:)

Most likely you have upset the elevation and declination angles m8
Try using a sat meter to find thor at 1 degree and start again

Dutcho, the elevation will only be a tiny fraction off, i'd recommend to not change that just yet (especially as you are getting 97% strength). See what you can get with the stronger satellites first and my comments, and also check to make sure your pole is totally vertical and not bending slightly with the weight of dish pulling it over.

Dutcho what satellite are you trying to tune into first? I do know that the technomates sometimes show red and zero quality because its set to a default transponder that isnt transmitting at the moment. You may be on the correct satellite but its telling lies.

Menu>Installation>Motorised setting> then change the second line to a different transponder and see if things go yellow and blue.
:)

Last edited:
dude if you have a 97% level then you are picking up a satellite, just not the one that the reciever is expecting it to be thats why theres no quality, might be better to try and find bbc world on thor and have someone scream at you when a picture appears then tweak the alaignment from there.

been up jimmyp's house all day, if youd have text i would have rung ya back lol, gimme a shout in the morning as it sounds likeyou just need to move the dish east or west a bit to find the satellite the box is thinking its on to get the quality lock

OK dude will do. The level doesnt seem to change much no matter how extreme I move the dish. Can someone clear up this red flashy ligh on motor, when I move it east it doesnt come on but when I move it west it flashes and seems to keep flashing.

How could such beautiful brackets be going to waste, crafted from my own fair hands.

bracket.jpg

can u get or try to get a signal on thor satelitte,when i was setting mine up i pointed my dish south and locked onto thor sat,after that it was easy,,,,,

ignore me if you have already tryed that(dont give up it took me a week lol)

Back