help with vm...

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
im supposed to be having the internet and phoneline installed with virgin on the 1st, they contacted me by phone after i got halfway through an online order but cancelled, and offered me half price for 6 months but then the contract came through the door and had no mention of the offer. So i rung them back up and told them i wanted to cancel, explained that i didnt trust that they'd honour this deal as i suspected the salesman just fed me a load of crap to get me to agree, so i asked him to email me some confirmation, which of course he agreed to but never actually sent. (he also stated it was a 12 month contract but it came through the door and said 18 months for a start) so the woman i got through to took a look at my account admitted it mentioned nowhere of any discounts but said she could apply the 6 months discount but only for an 18 month term, i thought, i'd be keeping it more than 18 months anyway so i agreed but on the terms i get some form of written confirmation of the agreed deal. she said she can have a hand written contract out to me within 3 working days (i spoke to her friday) havent recieved anything yet but i'll give it until the end of the week.

does it sound like typical virgin to you? i'm relectant to let them install until i have it somewhere in writing im going to recieve said discount as i dont trust them and all i have is the 'word' of some twatty smartarse who rung me and an indian woman from cancellations. neither of which i even know the names of.

i have no proof of any deal and i dont want to recieve my first bill at full price, ring them up to complain and to be told i have no leg to stand on.

what should i do?

Make a note of the date and time, they record all conversations with clients for "quality and training" purposes, so if there is an issue you can refer them to their own recordings.

If you don't get any paperwork call them back to confirm the deal, and record it yourself.

I thought all new customers got 6 months at half price anyway?

my work collegue had he same trouble, he was offered discounts but when the bill arrived none were applied. When he rang them and said check your recordings they said that they had been recorded over!

I thought all new customers got 6 months at half price anyway?
maybe they used to? i havent seen any such deals online?

my work collegue had he same trouble, he was offered discounts but when the bill arrived none were applied. When he rang them and said check your recordings they said that they had been recorded over!

this is what worries me, without any real proof i wont have much leg to stand on, i have been through my phone and logged when i spoke to them what number it was on and for how long but that doesnt really equate to hard evidence does it? :( i'll call them up on friday if this mythical letter hasnt arrived and try and record the call with my mobile, but again, even if i do and the worst happens (they charge me full whack) who will listen to me when i argue with them and claim i have the recording. all i have is a generic customer services number. i really want the faster internet but this is doing my head in lol

Last edited:
i had the same last yr but i recorded the sales staff..when i was asked y.. i replyed for staff training .lol got me own way in the end... they will tell u anythink to make the sale. there not vermin there just sales team from some were else

Most call centres only keep recordings for 2 to 4 weeks. They are not meant to be used as evidence so best off making your own recording if you need evidence.

As for is it typical of VM, sadly yes but I've had the same experience with sky. Though as somebody else mentioned I thought all new customers got 6 months 1/2 price anyway ?

Try emailing the CEO of Virgin, Neil Berkett. He might get is sorted for you.

his email address can be found here. CEO e-mail addresses - CEO email address - chief executive officer - managing director - UK - USA - US - America - EU - Asia

I've heard of others that have had an issue sorted after emailing him.
worth a try might get someones arse kicked .

Thanx

I'll give him an email when I get home from work with my customer number etc and maybe I'll get a reply :) if I ain't had any confirmation the installer won't set foot into my house!

I have just sent mr Berkett a long email.

Hopefully I can get somewhere :)

got a reply from some guy called raj who said its been passed on and i'll get a reply in 24hrs. should i hold my breath? lol

cant seem to edit posts??

just had a call from a nice lady called sophie who works in the chief execs office saying they'll put that offer through for me on a 12 month contract, shes going to email me with all those details so I have some kind of confirmation etc, oh so much hassle! you'd expect problems during your time as a customer, not before!

nice one :) at least you seem to be getting the problem sorted now.

Yeah hopefully! It seems to be sorted now so fingers crossed! Thanx again for the chief exec tip! I'll be sure to leave some feedback when im on the pc :)

Back