Help with truncha bug

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have upgraded my 4.1 wii to 4.2, the kids wanted the bbc iplayer, and as I have done a few 4.2's thought why not, it was all soft modded on 4.1

So i connected up, upgraded to 4.2 and thought ok, alls gone well, but because this wii was now going in another room, i decided to format the wii, losing all the mii info and save game info.

I then went to install the hbc and bootmii etc and had a problem, it wouldnt, so I searched around and found I had to install a certain wad file, did this, and began to install the hbc and both versions of bootmii

Then i moved on, uninstalled the 4 files and moved on to the next step

I have always had to run the trucha bug to downgrade to ios15, do the change with ios36 and then reinstall ios15 in order to install cios38 rev14
However, this time around, it wont let me downgrade the ios15

gets to the point where it fails at setting the revision to 0
error: es-addtitlestart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated downgrader
error could not set the revision to 0
downgrade failed

I have read up a little, some people say just try and install the cios38 rev 14, but that also fails at the custom install point install ERROR (ret = -2011), im beginning to wish I didnt format and had manually removed the miis and game saves, or maybe just didnt even upgrade to 4.2

Any help or files etc etc to help me get past this bit would be grateful as now i got 3 moaning kids :(

Last edited:
Have tried installing 4.2 again over the top, went back and restarted the modding, uninstalled the 4 wads again, no errors so they had been reinstalled by the firmware install again, but again, i cant downgrade ios15, still getting that error

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppp lol

Hi M8,

If you have got HBC up & running, have you tried running Darkcorp cos there a setting jut for virgin Wii's & that re installs Truncha bug?

i have got that, will try anything, its not a virgin wii though, it was modded as a 4.1 then i took the 4.2 update and thats where my troubles began, I have the nand all backed up (after it started going wrong), so will give anything a go, if not, might have to ask one of the guys on here if i can post it too them, cheers for the reply mate

I tried installing it as a virgin wii

went to 20% then got
20%: installing the fake ios
exception -1035
error starting title unstallation
Press A to reboot etc etc

seems like im missing some ios's maybe or some are stubbs, grrr not sure

Last edited:
Just one question, I see they are wads, it wont let me use wad manager with 249 as it just flashes the lights on my wii remote, so what ios shall i choose to install these?

will give it a go when i get home mate, many thanks, if not then hopefully one of you guys might wanna have it and see what you can do, will let you know how i get on later

Cheers

Last edited:
Try this version of wad manager, I know sometimes with me, a wii only likes a certain wad manager, anyway got to be worth a go

those 2 files worked a treat mate, many thanks, the kids can be happy again, will leave ya some rep now

regards

dave

:THANKS:

No worries m8, glad you got it working :)

Back