help with solo2 clone please

Bricked

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks in advance for any info given.

What i have done is went to flash a solo2 clone that come with blackhole installed, i flashed with a openpli 4 backup i had but i think i have used a backup for a genuine box and now the box just says starting and it just boots to a screen saying blackhole.

I can still connect to the box with dreambox control center i can also still updated it thru usb i have tried the pli 4 image from vu-hd dot com which is on the label on top of box but still just says starting on display and blackhole on tv screen

Any help most welcome as im lost on what to try next incase i make box worse lol

If you have flashed with a genuine image then you have without doubt wiped the flash chip and bricked the box due to timebomb/clone killer put out by VU and in all genuine images.
you only have a few options,buy a new flash chip and replace it yourself then flash clone safe image,or find someone local to do it,send motherboard back to china seller..
Sorry

ok thanks for advice i just thought seeing as it was still reading of usb stick and saying reading flashing erasing ect on display and showing blackhole on tv screen i might have some hope of a fix.

Looks like board sent back then to supplier.

Thanks again

ok thanks for advice i just thought seeing as it was still reading of usb stick and saying reading flashing erasing ect on display and showing blackhole on tv screen i might have some hope of a fix.

Looks like board sent back then to supplier.

Thanks again

well that dont sound bricked not what you said in first post...If so try a different image and try flashing again..ps if you had blackhole on your box and you flash another clone image the blackhole splash screen will stay as clone images are backups with driver mods and splash screens dont get backed up.take splash file from genuine image and put into clone files before flashing and it will come up then with different splash screen

I have tried a few images now from vu-hd and all still the same box stuck on starting i dont have a spare stick here at moment i will try a new stick tomorrow i have just seen a old friend mickmc68, lookin at this thread and sent him a pm he not to far from me lol its a small world.

Hello all

ok i got new usb stick and have tried 3 images from vu-hd site and all the same box seems to read write erase flash ect from stick but still just hangs on starting this box has a v2 sticker on the back is there any updates it might need?

Are you sure it's not a sunray solo2 clone? Does it have a mini usb service port on back?

Are you sure it's not a sunray solo2 clone? Does it have a mini usb service port on back?

Hi it has lonrisun on a chip inside box if that helps, i dont see any mini usb port on it

It doesn't look like it's suffering from clone bomb as it still seems ok except it won't fully bootup.

I'm guessing that you need to update the flash chip to accept latest images.

If your supplier directed you to vu-hd then you should be okay to update the flash to v4 (dated 06/09/14) and then use a clone safe image from vu-hd.

This thread may help you.

I have tried a few images now from vu-hd and all still the same box stuck on starting i dont have a spare stick here at moment i will try a new stick tomorrow i have just seen a old friend mickmc68, lookin at this thread and sent him a pm he not to far from me lol its a small world.

Hi mate if you get stuck throw it down to me and il update ect for you

Mick

Rite i will try this update and see how it goes cheers ketmp and mick m8 i might just have to take you up on your offer if this dont work lol.

It sounds like you have a v1 box as the displaying showing just Starting was what would typically happen if a new image is installed onto a v1 box.

Try the Vix 808 images that I uploaded here, they should hopefully get the box back and running.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/download-vu-images-581/396610-download-openvix-3-0-a.html

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/download-vu-images-581/396389-download-openvix-3-0-a.html

Try 802 first and see if the box boots and then give 808 a try.

Once you've confirmed that the box is fine, then get the box firmware upgraded to v4 which will protect it in case you use a new image which has the timebomb.

Thanks iamateaf that 802 image has brought it back to life i will just be leaving it on as the box is not for me its for a friend and they just use it for watching sports so it will do fine and hopefully in that image there is no online updates?

Ps Mick i have a few other box,s here left back to me that if your up for a challenge they need brought back to life ie 3 new solo v3.2s that where flashed wrong a gigablue 800 se plus and 2 v2 duos i just don,t have time for this after giving up the kings site and new work comments let me know if your interested ?

Thanks everyone for the great help:Cheers:

If the flash chips need to be replaced on the solo2 and you have the replacement chips then I don't mind doing it for you but I am really busy at work so won't be able to give you dates.

In fact you've just reminded me that I have somebodies box that I tried to repair but couldn't which needs to be posted back to them.

EDIT: Forgot my post above didn't really read the list of boxes :)

Back