Help with installing maps for XL

emz_77

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Tomtom XL satnav. It came with UK maps on it already and I have downloaded western europe which I need to install.

I don't understand how to do this, I have installed tomtom home on my pc and can access my tomtom but it does NOT have a memory card and only has 790mb space free. The file (map and folder) I downloaded is 1.70GB. Can I get away with just putting certain files out of the folder onto the satnav? Please help if you can. Thanks :)

no mate def not enough space on the internal drive .even if you format it (which i wouldn't recommend) there is still not enough space, you need one with sd card to expand the memory

is it a 1gb version internal memory, there is a western europe 1gb version which is about 918mb or something you would have to remove the uk map and see if you have enough space then?

is it a 1gb version internal memory, there is a western europe 1gb version which is about 918mb or something you would have to remove the uk map and see if you have enough space then?

if you do that copy all files off tomtom to folder on computer. use windows to copy not tomtom ,much safer.then if it all goes wrong format drive and copy files back to unit.

Back