help with a 200 ambit

mikejack

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
connected up my 200 there to flash with the sigma fw as per the clandigital tut.

when i put in board address ie 192.168.100.1 and enter 5 times it goes to autonegotiation then fails and says mac setup for half duplex?

do i need to change something else i forgot about? also when open i solarwinds change the setting and then ok the sigma file, the ip is not 192.168.100.10 in the corner its 192.168.2.2 i think?

any help would be great!
cheers mikejack

You have to go into network connections and change the ip address in there too.

ok so sorted that out, flashedthe modem and used the config tool to change settings all went ok but cannot see the fercsa 1337 configuration page when i type 192.168.100.1:1337 for the last bit of setting up
can connect ok to 192.168.100.10 so not bricked.. just wont go to the 1377 page
also the chip on the modem is mx 29lv160abtc version so should be ok with sigma

any ideas?

Last edited:
If you are flashing the 13.5 firmware the config tool does not support it. ALL settings can be changed via the 192 page. You now need to reflash the bootloader which can be done using the config tool but do not attempt to apply any settings with it.

If you are flashing the 13.5 firmware the config tool does not support it. ALL settings can be changed via the 192 page. You now need to reflash the bootloader which can be done using the config tool but do not attempt to apply any settings with it.

ahh ok so put back bootloader with config tool then just telnet all the changes myself such as mac address etc
will give it a try later!
cheers for ther help

yes thanks for that!!
tried that that got me to the page so i could finish setup.
couldnt connect tho when put feed in?
checked the motorola page and it says offline.. on the config page it says its set to usa and there are options for frequency etc, could this be the prob? if so what do i change it to

or is it just the mac im using isnt working? can you change the mac on the 1337 page just?

tried a diff mac.. no go either.. dunno what else to try now?

does the upstream channel have to be set to anything in particular

in ntl region

Hihi
Erm, no.

The 1.35 is just a hacked 1.28 and will work fine if you set the tool to Sigma X2 1.28

yes thanks for that!!
checked the motorola page and it says offline.. on the config page it says its set to usa and there are options for frequency etc, could this be the prob? if so what do i change it to . can you change the mac on the 1337 page just?

the last one i had (200) said 0DB in power levels, i assumed the tuner was fooked and have since bricked it ;( what power level is showing on yours ?

yes thanks for that!!
checked the motorola page and it says offline.. on the config page it says its set to usa and there are options for frequency etc, could this be the prob? if so what do i change it to

or is it just the mac im using isnt working? can you change the mac on the 1337 page just?
copy the motorola page and post it so we can see were its fail

copy the motorola page and post it so we can see were its fail

ok here is the screen showing the fail. it shows 0db in the power levels also..
the config tool worked ok with the sigma fw. all the settings were changed ok by using it!

ok here is the screen showing the fail. it shows 0db in the power levels also..
the config tool worked ok with the sigma fw. all the settings were changed ok by using it!
its seems ur annex mode might be wrong what does it say in the status tab next to receive and send also what is ds freq is it set to in the configuration tab page and lastly what area r u in... and post the status page also and not just the log page

its seems ur annex mode might be wrong what does it say in the status tab next to receive and send also what is ds freq is it set to in the configuration tab page and lastly what area r u in... and post the status page also and not just the log page

ok here are the other screens

the ds freq is ok for ntl area im in belfast by the way and is pure ntl i think? the status page just stays at in progress and says offline
if its an annex error would i be best using telnet myself and putting in all the info instead of using the config tool?
cheers for your help!

the ds freq is ok for ntl area im in belfast by the way and is pure ntl i think? the status page just stays at in progress and says offline
if its an annex error would i be best using telnet myself and putting in all the info instead of using the config tool?
cheers for your help!
yep if ur sure u have a live cable feed, then its the annex mode might not sitting correctly... if ur using the ambit tool select pure ntl and sigma x 1.28 and also make sure cm_annex 3 box is tick.... if that dont work then try it again with the cm_annex 3 box untick it

Hihi

cheers for your help!
If you can't seem to get the right values, you can set area to manual and input your own frequency, annex etc. (assuming you're using 0.971 and you should be)

but aye, as the poster above says, set/clear the cm_annex 3 option, you might also want to try disabling the tftp override and toggling the bpi setting if that does no good (assuming that hasn't been covered already, not read the entire thread)

Back