help with a 200 ambit

Hihi

If you can't seem to get the right values, you can set area to manual and input your own frequency, annex etc. (assuming you're using 0.971 and you should be)

but aye, as the poster above says, set/clear the cm_annex 3 option, you might also want to try disabling the tftp override and toggling the bpi setting if that does no good (assuming that hasn't been covered already, not read the entire thread)

the annex 3 toggling seemed to get closer to connection, with it selected there was an attempt to connect but with low connectivity.. better than nothing at all before lol

yeah will try all the suggestions above and see how it goes!

thanks again!

Tried changing all the boxes no/off in diff combinations with diff macs and no go..

guess the modem itself must be fooked?

Tried changing all the boxes no/off in diff combinations with diff macs and no go..

guess the modem itself must be fooked?
ok try manually with telnet in hyperterminal... run hyperterminal then stop the scaning with the command below

cd /cm_hal
scan_stop

then press enter then copy and paste this below

cd /non-vol/halif
mac_address 1 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (replac the xx's with ur mac)
cm_tuner 14
annex_a
cm_annex 3
cd ../docsis
ds_frequency 402750000

then reboot if that dont work try changing the cm_annex 3 to cm_annex b or 0

ok try manually with telnet in hyperterminal... run hyperterminal then stop the scaning with the command below

cd /cm_hal
scan_stop

then press enter then copy and paste this below

cd /non-vol/halif
mac_address 1 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (replac the xx's with ur mac)
cm_tuner 14
annex_a
cm_annex 3
cd ../docsis
ds_frequency 402750000

then reboot if that dont work try changing the cm_annex 3 to cm_annex b or 0

tried leaving it connected all day and still no luck.
yeah will try that now. was getting tcp or tpc error when trying to connect using the ethernet cable with config tool there? just used max232 for the work

why would i be getting that? the ip is set to what is should be?..

tried leaving it connected all day and still no luck.
yeah will try that now. was getting tcp or tpc error when trying to connect using the ethernet cable with config tool there? just used max232 for the work

why would i be getting that? the ip is set to what is should be?..

when i type

UpdateSettings

using telnet it keeps saying unknown command?

this is what ive done

cd cm_hal
scan_stop
cd \
cd non –vol
clear_device
defaults
UpdateSettings....... unknown command? any ideas im stuck at this point?

when i type

UpdateSettings

using telnet it keeps saying unknown command?

this is what ive done

cd cm_hal
scan_stop
cd \
cd non –vol
clear_device
defaults
UpdateSettings.....
.. unknown command? any ideas im stuck at this point?

no need to do that m8, just do as in my post above and u should be ok

no need to do that m8, just do as in my post above and u should be ok

if i type write it works ok.
do you not have to write these changes?

what are the commands to force config etc?

also i cant seem to connect with the ethernet lead just in hyperterminal? just using the max but dunno why i cant connect the other way..

Last edited:
if i type write it works ok.
do you not have to write these changes?

what are the commands to force config etc?

also i cant seem to connect with the ethernet lead just in hyperterminal? just using the max but dunno why i cant connect the other way..
u dont need to set the config file in hyperterminal u can do that on the sigma page along with the tftp ip... try those settings first to see if u can get online, if u still get online just reflash the modem and try it again

u dont need to set the config file in hyperterminal u can do that on the sigma page along with the tftp ip... try those settings first to see if u can get online, if u still get online just reflash the modem and try it again

i take it the config tool already has the bootloader file to restore ok? will reflash and try again as still cant connect :(
might i be beter trying a different fw? such as ambit shelled 2.67 rev1 image?

sorry for the questions but just cant get online with it

Back