Help Updating firmware

Bigga

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi could someone tell me whats the best way to go about updating the firmware on a Hitachi GDR3120L- 0078fk Drive

This xbox was bought already modded a few years ago by a Aunt of mine for her son, Not sure what firmware is on it and not sure what the box drive pairing key number is?

It seems its not playing any new games Fifa10 assasins creed II etc but 2008 games work ok.

Ive looked at the dummies guide but im not sure where to start has this as been modded already.

Dont know what tools to get or latest firmware etc.........
Been reading alot but seem to be getting more confused??
Is it possible to use sata-usb?

Any help Or Pointers links to what I Need pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks Bigga.

Download Jungle Flasher and have a read at the tutorial, it'll explain exactly how to proceed, just jump to the Hitachi section.

Right i think im kinda getting it now after skimming the jungle flash tut, a few Questions tho is this right

3 ways to flash....... 1. sata to usb 2.Via sata card (nodrivers) 3.PortIO

Need to get a sata cable? Anthing else im missing?

Iextreme 1.51 latest firmware for Hitachi drive? Should allow playing wave 4 games?

One last thing before i get started (probally over the weekend) Has I dont know the firmware of the drive just thinking fifa 10 started up then froze is this what happens when you got old firmware.

btw burnt this 3times on verbs @ 2.4 & fortis disks.

Cheers.

Last edited:
ways to flash....... 1. sata to usb 2.Via sata card (nodrivers) 3.PortIO

Need to get a sata cable? Anthing else im missing?

Depends on your hardware mate.

Which method do you want to use? You will need a SATA cable nomatter what.

[One last thing before i get started (probally over the weekend) Has I dont know the firmware of the drive just thinking fifa 10 started up then froze is this what happens when you got old firmware.

No mate, if you have the wrong firmware then the game simply would not boot, you would be taken to the 'To play this disc please insert into an Xbox360..." screen.

Your FIFA problems could be one of the following, bad image, bad DVD writer, bad Xbox DVD drive or most commonly bad discs, although it should have worked on your Verbatims but nothing is guaranteed.

Ive only got a lappy at the min so was thinkig of going down the sata-usb route...
Could poss borrow a Desktop tho?

Has for fifa I did a ABGX360 check & it came up bad copy??

Got an external dvdrw burnt a game it worked ok but kinda froze rebooted and it was fine that was an old game wave2 I think.

Flipping eck it coud be anything lol...
Need to get the info off drive tho no matter what...

Thanks Witchy

Right managed to find out my key & im on iextreme 1.51 so I should be able to play everything is that correct?

The Hitachi are really straight fwd with the usb I'd recommend them if you aint got a desktop p.c

This is really strange burned street fighter works fine on the fortis
then burned pro10 didnt work on the fortis disk just say dirty disk im confused does my lens need changing or should i buy another drive?

Anyone Thanks

Im guessing your setting the layer break correctly or loading the correct .dvd file? have you check all these games first as best you can?

I just click on the dvd file has it as the layer break info already on it.

Ive never set it personally, Didnt thing you had to.

Back