help to mount my nas drive pls

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok first thanks to wiz for his time and pm

rite its a w/d mybooklive 1tb
i use the pli webpage ive got both dm500s mounted to the pc but would like to change it to the nas drive i had help to set the nas up but were im getting lost or dont understand is if i click on the w/d icon it opens the file with the shard folder in ive put one in with them called dreambox but that is inside the public file so for the share do i put the dreambox folder were the public folder is or is it ok inside the public folder now ive have rite click and gone to properties for the dreambox folder but can c anywere to share it
next thing is what filesystem type do we use ive try 1=cifs and 3=smbfs
then as far as i no there is no user name and passward on it yet so this is what i hav tryed so far

desc nas drive
file type 1
auto mount (no tick )
client dit /media/hdd
server dir dreambox
rem host ip 192.168.1.111 ( nasdrive )
user name ? none
passward ? none
options rsize=8192,wsize=8192

and on the re hand side there is a tick in rw:nolock:soft:linuxext:

thanks lads tony49

come on pls lads has no one got a Western Digital MyBook Live 1TB that can shed some light for me ive tryd quite a fue things but not got it to work yet ive let a fue weks go bye with xmass and new year but would like to get it working now
so first is it 1=cifs or 2=smbfs
and what is the Client Directory: /media/hdd is that rite or not i will start with just them 2 for now as im not sure were im going wrong

next the 2 mounts i have to the pc both record but the pickture brakes up and freezes is there anything that can be done to stop it both are dm500s

ok lads 80 views but no help may be im the onlyone on here with a Western Digital MyBook Live 1TB so after some time off with not being to good ive been on the net done a lot more reading and got it sorted so if anyone eals get one of them this is what to do first set up wd with install disk sort that out then type the ip in explorer go to user i done one call dreambox thats the name that will show up on the root drive with the peinstalled public file ive put a tick in mionet and media serving on all then you want to set up your Twonky server thats were you will put a user name and password that you use for the pli mount that should be done then go to the ip of your dm Box control configuration Mount Manager add
Description nas drive
Filesystem Type: 2 samba
Automount: uptoyou
Client Directory: /media/hdd
server Directory: dreambox
Remote Host IP/Name: 192.168.1.110
User Name: tonymanutd
Password: 193728
Options: rsize=8192,wsize=8192

on the rite hand side put a tick in the box rw
working nas drive mount.jpg
working nas drive mount dm.jpg

ps if this helps anyone eals it will just be me giving a bit back to a great forum

Last edited:
hello tony

i just read your post, and i was wondering if you could hlep me to record to my mybooklive from dreambox, what excatly did you do?
i've been trying to do this for months, and i couldn't

i'm using Gemini image on dm600 PVR

thanks in advance for you help

Last edited:
OK, finally i mounted my MBL to Dreambox 600PVR, on both OpenPli & Gemini images.
thanks tony , couldn't have done it without your help.

Back