Help - Softmod failing at starting point 4.2e ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Done a couple of these no probs all on 4.2e. The wii i just recieved was brand new on 3,4e so i updated it to 4.2e with the game Endless Oceans 2.

I am using the files/guide from here and i have formatted a sandisk micro sd card in a sandisk sd adapter.

I copy folder 1, insert into wii it recognises card, i select it it reads for a sec then nothing ?

It usually loads up - Load boot.dol/elf ?

And away i go....

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Ignore...lol

I was copying the folder not its contents.......

It is not giving me the option now to install boot2 ?

I install bootmii and its not there ???

ARRRGGHHH

Last edited:
switch off and hold reset mate while you switch it on, should load bootmii if you've installed it!

All done now just want to put wiiflow on there. I have all the files but forgot how to do it ..lol

I have a wiiflow folder with 3 folders inside - apps, WAD, and wiiflow.

Cheers

All done now just want to put wiiflow on there. I have all the files but forgot how to do it ..lol

I have a wiiflow folder with 3 folders inside - apps, WAD, and wiiflow.

Cheers

the homebrew channel will see any apps in the apps folder and you can use them from there
the wad manager will read wads and install wads

edogg

I added wiiflow and it shows in homebrew. I select it, it goes to download some update then has a screen like when i was first installing ?

What do i do on that screen ??

Cheers

When i used to add it before it would just come up normally and load ??

Forgot what to do...lol

USB loader GX is working fine.

sorry cant help any further never installed wiiflow and dont know anything about it

edogg

got a 4.2 to do mate 2moro, what tut did you use mate, or anyone else, whats is the easiest way!

the easy 4.2 mod is the easiest you can use ballys giude or just the guide that comes with it once it it has the homebrew you could use modmii to down grade it to 4.1 and update any channels like the weather and shopping channels ;opera browser ect

here a link for 4.2easyhack http://rapidshare.com/files/316558656/4.2_Hack.rar

edogg

the easy 4.2 mod is the easiest you can use ballys giude or just the guide that comes with it once it it has the homebrew you could use modmii to down grade it to 4.1 and update any channels like the weather and shopping channels ;opera browser ect

here a link for 4.2easyhack http://rapidshare.com/files/316558656/4.2_Hack.rar

edogg
cheers edogg mate thats great, much appreciated!:Clap:

Thats the one i used, very simple mate. Wii flow worked next time i booted as well :Clap:

Do only some games work from HDD or will they all work when converted to iso/disc ?

My brother wants his modded but does not want a HDD as he's a tight arse...lol

Cheers

Thats the one i used, very simple mate. Wii flow worked next time i booted as well :Clap:

Do only some games work from HDD or will they all work when converted to iso/disc ?

My brother wants his modded but does not want a HDD as he's a tight arse...lol

Cheers
alot more work from hd than they do from disc, iv always used ext drive, much better, you can pick a 320gb drive up for 30 quid these day,maybe even cheaper, so it is advisable!

alot more work from hd than they do from disc, iv always used ext drive, much better, you can pick a 320gb drive up for 30 quid these day,maybe even cheaper, so it is advisable!

From where mate, i know only certain ones work, can you recommend one ?

Cheers

well i would recomend western digital, i have a 500gb western digital and it runs them fine, pc world selling them for £50 quid at the minute, but theres plenty that work, theres a list somewhere with compatible drives but i cant seem to find it!

Back