Help required

47jag

Inactive User
Reaction score
Newbie greetings to all,

I've joined today to try an find out what has happened to our TM-9100 box. I can recieve any unscrambled station such as ITV & BBC but anything else (SKY etc) just shows as a blank screen. It does display the station name and the SNR & AGC readings but nothing else. It was given to us by our recently deceased son and he took to do with the installation and subscriptions. I think that the 'provider' has cut us off. Could this be the case or is it possible a file has been corrupted in the box. I'm reasonably computer literate so hopefully I should be able to follow any advice or instructions given.

Art

We can't really discuss CS in open forums. Although you are more than likely correct in your first assumption.

If you want to rule that out I would in the first instance, reboot your router, then reboot your box (make sure your box has an IP or you can see it on your network from a PC)

I'm also not familiar with the TM-9100 interface so someone may need to PM you details of where to navigate to to identify if all your "services" are up and running.

If you are still having the issue then you might need to look into re-flashing the box with a suitable image and then re-loading cccam.cfg (make a copy of it before hand from the box) then if it's as you thought you will need to look into alternatives (although it is the long way around to finding out, with the easiest being to contact your provider)

Not trying to evade your question, just some subjects cross boundaries.

Last edited:
Exos,

Thanks for that. I see that there is a serial port on the box and I assume this where I would have to connect a PC. So my next question is does that PC have to be running Linux. I've got a copy of Obuntu. Would that do or will the box 'talk' to Windows XP?

The tm9100 is no different to any other dreambox using engima 1, (hoping its a technomate tm9100) all the information that you need can be gained by reading tutorials on the dm500. The flashing of new image is not as difficult as you think and you do not need a linux computer and you do not need to flash the box via serial port unless you get into difficulties. You can flash the box either from your pc direct to the box via a program called tcc "technomate control centre" or via the sd card slot on the front of the box. I think you first need to check your connection to your server or in fact if your box is connected to the internet. You need to see if you have access to a server. Go into your box settings, config, expert (i think) and get your ip address of your box, put this into your computers browser and put :16001 as the end this will allow you into the box's server details, this will tell you if you have a connection. We cannot tell you where to get a new server connection from but googling ccam will lead you along the correct lines.

Back