Help please pace 4000n to 4000t

tallsod

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i have a pace 4000n box and a pace 4000t box which is dead.i read on this forum some time ago that to get a ntl box to work on a tw feed you have to swop a chip, if i remeber correctly it was a samsung chip. could anyone give me any more detail. Thanks in advance.

i believe your right mate,your samsung chip needs reprograming with the tw dump on those chips to get them to work on the 4000 n*l box...STEVO

Isn't the 4000N a davic box? and thus wont run correctly in a docsis area? Or is that purely down to the software its running?

No, 4000N is not a DAVIC box, it's an ex-C&W NTL box so is DOCSIS.

bammy said:
No, 4000N is not a DAVIC box, it's an ex-C&W NTL box so is DOCSIS.

Oooh Oooh Oooh Oooh (getting cheap thrills).... I've got 2 4000N's in the cupboard! I didnt think they were any use to me lol. Oooh ya peach, more tv, more tv moowah ah ah ah (evil cackle). :proud:

Right, on the case of getting some tw software on these puppies. Should keep me occupied for a while. :)

EDIT: Ahh bollox, the voxes I have are 4001N's, ah well, cheap thrills over :(

Last edited:
@tallsod
shame the tw box is dead m8 but never the less
the chip your looking for is near the front and to the left of the atty chip,cant miss it lol either got samsung or toshiba writing on it
basically take the tw out and put it in placwe of the ntl and put the ntl on a feed and it should sort itself out,once done ya might be able to stick the old ntl chip back in and force update it to tw

Back