help on dm500

luafc10

Inactive User
Reaction score
can any one help me i new to all this but my dm500s will no boot up at all its just stays on the jade pli screen

can any one help me i new to all this but my dm500s will no boot up at all its just stays on the jade pli screen

You will need to reflash it with a null modem cable using dreamup and a suitable image

1- how to flash dreambox 500 s
if the box are not booting for any reason may be flashing the wrong image

How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required
Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)
Image File (.img) or a (.nfi) file
DreamUp Program
Instructions
Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message like this

Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed

Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)
Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
The image should then be uploaded to the box
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program

After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory
The finished process should look like this:

Click OK and close down Dreamup
Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

Hi

Before reflashing try a new psu. When the psu voltages drop even slightly they have allsorts of weird problems this being one of them from my experiences, if psu dont work then as Ian has suggested.

Regards

Back