Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

help needed reflashing a new image

snott34

Inactive User
Hi i am currently using andromeda v2.0 and would like to update my image using the latest commando image because i have lost a few channels and it wont let me change cable provider and rescan. i have done a few searches and have done a bit of reading up. It seems things have changed a little since i last did this and so i have a few questions. I am using flash fxp and i can connect to my dbox.

1 where do i put the new image ie is it var/keys/blah/blah
2 I have also got magic files where there are 3 folders where do these go exactly
3 Are there any other files I may need and where do they go
4 Do i need to do anything else.
Thanks very much in advance and thanks to the guys who write these images,
Snott:Cheers:

Hi i am currently using andromeda v2.0 and would like to update my image using the latest commando image because i have lost a few channels and it wont let me change cable provider and rescan. i have done a few searches and have done a bit of reading up. It seems things have changed a little since i last did this and so i have a few questions. I am using flash fxp and i can connect to my dbox.

1 where do i put the new image ie is it var/keys/blah/blah
2 I have also got magic files where there are 3 folders where do these go exactly
3 Are there any other files I may need and where do they go
4 Do i need to do anything else.
Thanks very much in advance and thanks to the guys who write these images,
Snott:Cheers:

1. Var/Temp for the img you want to apply
2. the 3 folders dont go anywhere you just need to change the permissions to some of the files within those folders.. to 755
3. nope
4. set your location for the fast re-scan then do a scan pop ... enjoy

the above is a good starter for 10 i'd read a few other threads if you get stuck i'll try and help

:)

thanks for the quick reply
A couple of other questions when you say the magic files don't go anywhere they must go somewhere and how do you change the permission on 2 of them

A couple of other questions when you say the magic files don't go anywhere they must go somewhere and how do you change the permission on 2 of them

the magic files show the file structure....

the only files u need to change to 755 is the cam u use and the lib files if u need to add....

cheers

Nope thats why i said it :) like the user below

there used to show a file structure var/lib....var/bin/eum...

when you're using an ftp client core ftp lite is free btw.

right click the files mentioned in the magic folders and change the properties to 755 migth be set to 0 or 644 when you first look at it

Ok i have tranfered the new image into var/temp. what do i do now ie do i restart the box or how do i start the new image
Thanks

ok starting from scratch....flash commando image do a scan and set location,put evocam in var/bin/emu....,keys to var/keys folder,libcrypt to lib folder once transered over right click on these files and change chmod to 755 it might be at 0 or 644 go to softcam menu...check evocamd is set to on should be up and running!

Ok I have done all of the above including making sure evocmd is turned on and i still have no channels after a scan.
I have tried a fast scan with my location set and have tried uk brute force scan. it finds 306 transponders but then comes up with no channels.
Anyone any ideas what i am doing wrong
Thanks

it was commando 12 then i did an online update which was succesful but couldnt get any channels with either.
thanks

Make sure you chosen your correct location unplug from mains then put a direct feed from the wall to it no splitters plug it back in and turn fast scan on red to save then do a scan and does it find transponders.

Tried that still the same it says no channels were found please execute a scan. Transponder scan finished successfully

hi
if you have a working image that may have lost some channels (not because of nagar 3 )
and may like to try another image and can use ftp program

1 save keys folder from var/keys to pc
2 save emu folder from var/bin to pc
3 save libcrypto.so.0.9.7 file and libcamdio.so.0 file from lib folder to pc (not var/lib )

on new flashed image

using ftp program
1 open var/keys on box then open saved keys folder on pc transfer all files to box then chmod to 755
2 open var/bin/emu folder on box then open emu folder on pc transfer to box then chmod 755
(if new image does not have emu folder in var/bin then transfer saved emu folder to var/bin open then chmod 755)

3 open lib folder on box transfer libcrypto.so.0.9.7 file and libcamdio.so.0 and chmod 755

then reboot box then follow scanning tuts

Back