help me with 4200i

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok havent done 1 of these in years, brought back to life with fix scipts,can get back into 192.168.100.1 but look at what i got,
so i try to laod sigma 1.7 but all lights stay on, can not use ne boot this is all i get
Sending reset request...ok
Waiting for CM to boot...ok
Retrieving CM MAC address...ok (00080E6C3688)
Sending NetBoot request...ok
Adding 192.168.100.10 IP to adapter...ok
Starting FTP server...error (Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.)
so any idea what to do next, i,m in pure and this as toshiba tc58fvt160 chip
allso power light staya on secound 1 blinking but no light on earthnet

Last edited:
Sending NetBoot request...ok
Adding 192.168.100.10 IP to adapter...ok
Starting FTP server...error (Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.)

r u runnning hypterminal or any other program that could be using 192.168.100.10? as thats what its saying... also if u have more that 1 network card disable the 1 thats not in use

hi m8,, i just used Open_Sesame has you can see i got the hack page but cant lock on can you spot anything i can do now , thanks for looking,, also i,m not using anything,, on the modem i got solid power light and the secound 1 blinking

I have a 5100i doing EXACTLY the same, it is on origonal fware using black cat to change mac.

Ive set the Freq to my area and also set upstream channel ID to a couple of different things.

When refreshing signal page it just scans and skips over like it wont lock the downstream.

I should point out this modem was brought to me as it was coming online but not gettiing and IP, so when I changed the mac to something else it stopped locking.

ok lads got it all working with 20 meg. god i hate this modem give me a 500i any time lool

Last edited:
Dundee, freq should be 331000000 but I tried 399000000 which from memory was the "other" dundee freq.

I've had upstream from 0 - 2 with no luck I seen someone setup with -1 I might try that.

I was just in the middle of dling the 5100 recovery firmware just hoping it works on the 5100i.

the 4200 i just done would not lock on it was only when i tryed 10 diffrent macs and only 1 worked that it locked on,, why havent you put sigma on may i ask

Honestly? Fear.

Although I havent read into sigma, I am however considering it. Does it have the same failings as infinite with snmp and other such holes giving itself away as a re-flashed modem

Back