sb 4200i help

john!

DW Regular
Reaction score
ok. got a hold of a sb42000i 2day at work and was trying to flash it using nessessary files from download section , trouble is when using netboot i get....

Sending reset request...ok
Waiting for CM to boot...ok
Retrieving CM MAC address...ok (00080Exxxxxx)
Sending NetBoot request...error

and cant seem to get it to take the flash any 1 any info on it pleeze as it seems im doing something wrong or something is not configured properly , 1st time trying a 4200i, can any 1 help ...
thanx john

ps it was a tw modem and im ntl but thought that wouldnt matter ?
can get to 192 page ok also tried UIU_Tools but it wont change mac for some reason ?

probly got locked firmware m8.go 2 the 192 page hit the help tab post the firmware and some1 shud b able 2 tell u if its locked firmware.might b doable with bitfile or failing that its the max 232 4 it.

hi m8 thanx ,,this is the help page==
Software Version: SB4200-0.4.9.6-SCM02-NOSH
Hardware Version: 1
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

is it locked ?

hi m8, its a lock f/w but it should easily open and change f/w with bitfile or change the mac with UIU tool or u can use ur max232... have u use the bitfile or the UIU tool before?

hi m8, its a lock f/w but it should easily open and change f/w with bitfile or change the mac with UIU tool or u can use ur max232... have u use the bitfile or the UIU tool before?

hi gentlex m8, havent used bitfile or the UIU tool before
but UIU tool wont change mac for some reason , dont know if im using it wrong but read a post earlier by you and followed your inst. and it still wouldnt change mac , gonna try bitfile thnx

hi again i have managed to flash the modem using bitfile method and it took flash ..THANX GENTLEX
SB4200_Hackware_shelled_2.02.hex ...got into hack page and set
file name cmreg-ntlhm100-light.cm
tftp server ip to mine
set the mac addy but now all i get is 192.168.100.11 for my ip address and cant access net can any 1 help pleeze

thanx

leave the tftp server blank and set the config file 2 cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm

make sure ur nic card is set 2 obtain ip automatically

got it guys tried above and didnt work (thanx ) but what i did was disable dhcp server in configuration and it worked ,..thanx all who helped cheers, john

Back