Help me modify my PSP 1003

Thanks mate, so I should go for patched versions first (if available) ?

Thanks

Just a few questions:

1. Why do I have to change the theme? Do i have to make sure I never use the grey theme or the change colour by month?

2. Can I get apps into the PSP menu or do I have to use them from pictures menu/iso menu?

3. Will I ruin my firmware if I accidently use "network update" or any sort of update from the PSP menu? Can I not block these buttons?

4. When I power down during a game, upon powering up, the game starts looking for "media", how can I trick the game to thinking a UMD is inserted?

Last edited:
:banana:
Thanks

Just a few questions:

1. Why do I have to change the theme? Do i have to make sure I never use the grey theme or the change colour by month?

2. Can I get apps into the PSP menu or do I have to use them from pictures menu/iso menu?

3. Will I ruin my firmware if I accidently use "network update" or any sort of update from the PSP menu? Can I not block these buttons?

4. When I power down during a game, upon powering up, the game starts looking for "media", how can I trick the game to thinking a UMD is inserted?

1: you dont need to do anything with the theme unless you want to use a modified theme.

2: any apps you put on your PSP are run from the GAME /memory card option on your PSP.

3: you wont ruin your firmware, the latest CFW's use the "update" feature to update to the latest CFW and not official firmware (unless you change this option in the recovery menu)

4: you can set the "NO_UMD" option in the VSH menu or recovery menu so you dont have to have a UMD in the drive to play a back up

Also, could anyone advise me if this card seems genuine: New Sony 16GB Memory Stick MS Pro Duo For PSP 16G Card on eBay (end time 24-Apr-10 21:16:19 BST)

Checked feedback and seems well, one feedback I found was for this item and it was positive - but can't tell with these far east sellers, could be hacked memory....

most cards you find on ebay will be fake unless your lucky.
try play.com: Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery - Search Results: pro duo

as little as £10.99 for a 4gb or £24.99 for a 8 gb with free delivery.
and they are 100 % genuine.

you can always check if the card is fake or not by high lighting a memory card option on your PSP and pressing triange, select information.
if it says magicgate then its genuine, if it says unknown then it fake.

hard to tell just by looking at a picture of 1 tho.

:banana:

1: you dont need to do anything with the theme unless you want to use a modified theme.

2: any apps you put on your PSP are run from the GAME /memory card option on your PSP.

3: you wont ruin your firmware, the latest CFW's use the "update" feature to update to the latest CFW and not official firmware (unless you change this option in the recovery menu)

4: you can set the "NO_UMD" option in the VSH menu or recovery menu so you dont have to have a UMD in the drive to play a back up

1. So why do we have to change the default theme for the first time after we flash the psp with cfw?

2. Got it thanks.

3. In my game menu, there is a "PSP[tm] Update ver 3.95" option available. What will that actually do?

4. Most games I play just resume when i power back on, but GTA chinatown wars starts looking for media on power resume. My VSH menu has M33 driver as UMD ISO Mode. Are there any workarounds?

5. Funnily enough, my memory stick has "Unknown" in the magicgate section! lol

6. Does this memory card look worth the risk? The seller has good rep and I found one rep left in the first page for the same product: New Sony 16GB Memory Stick MS Pro Duo For PSP 16G Card on eBay (end time 24-Apr-10 21:16:19 BST)

Thanks mate

Cheers mate. I tried to use the VSH menu to make my battery into Pandora, but I can't select the option.

I copied over te seplugins folder and 500pbp and 550.pbp files to the stick but no joy. The stick had games and gamesaves on it, could that be the cause of my failure?

some times the vhs menu dont work for that ,but u can use open source battery tool from downloads,if needed.

just did that, and it didnt work! lol. Do I need the "magic stick" configured properly?

The power light just stayed on, even though I help left trigger before I put it in.

Powered up with AC adapter and put it back to normal mode and all is back to normal :)

Back