Help in setting up DBox

musican

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just received a Sagem DBox from Germany with Blade Trinity v2 image installed (English).

However I am having trouble getting any channels to load. I select my town (Leeds NTL & ex C&W). Box reboots Blade trinity screen comes on TV followed by image details and loading message and then 119 KERRANG waiting for time comes up on tv and then I get
"ERROR Channel not available". KERRANG appears on DBox. I have tried other locations near me and connected DBox to main cable input into home and also upstairs with same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

suppose to scan for channels after setting ur location.....

Thanks for rely. I've done a fast scan & a full UK scan. Shows no channels were found. My image is dated 18/07/07 so I suppose I need a new image but shouldn't I be able to get at least some channels with this image?

hello mate, ur image is old, use a new one. You can download a one from bigmaq toolbar(google)

Thanks but I'm a bit reluctant to change image in case it gives EBAY seller an excuse to refuse refund if box faulty. Wouldn't I at least get some FTA channels even if image is old.

Have contacted seller and he says tuner was checked as ok before sale.

Found out problem. It was a cable feed problem. Only got FTA programs but it's a start

you will have to ftp the necessary rom files and emus to get channels working

Thanks. Is it just a case of FTPing the new rom files? What are emus?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just received a Sagem DBox from Germany with Blade Trinity v2 image installed (English).

However I am having trouble getting any channels to load. I select my town (Leeds NTL & ex C&W). Box reboots Blade trinity screen comes on TV followed by image details and loading message and then 119 KERRANG waiting for time comes up on tv and then I get
"ERROR Channel not available". KERRANG appears on DBox. I have tried other locations near me and connected DBox to main cable input into home and also upstairs with same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

suppose to scan for channels after setting ur location.....

hello mate, ur image is old, use a new one. You can download a one from bigmaq toolbar(google)

Thanks but I'm a bit reluctant to change image in case it gives EBAY seller an excuse to refuse refund if box faulty. Wouldn't I at least get some FTA channels even if image is old.

Have contacted seller and he says tuner was checked as ok before sale.

Only a novice myself but i suggest a good read through some of the threads and you'll soon get the hang of it. ALL of the info is here somewhere.

Its all i did and like they say, you never stop learning.

I use the Commando image on a Nokia box.

: multi :

Back