Help dreambox 500 keys

rp_marsden

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me

I have a dreambox 500c that stoped unencriptiong channels, even the ones i pay for.

the freeview ones still work. i have had a look on some of the forum ect and tried updating the softwear, and have realised that i have not got any keys file

Is there any all-in-1 downloads that i can just ftp to the box with keys and all?

if so where do you get them from

cheers

So you haven't got any keyfiles, but it was working before, and you were paying for some channels.
I would be interested how you were receiving channels before without having any keyfiles, and who were you paying for those channels.

Sorry, but you sound a bit dubious.

i Was recieving and did have key files, then afewdays ago it stoped working totaly. so i upgraded the softwear manuly by ftp'ing the new files accross and manualy installing,

When it still was not working i looked and couldnt find the key file. Maybe its somthing iv done but would like to get it fixed

cheers

i Was recieving and did have key files, then afewdays ago it stoped working totaly. so i upgraded the softwear manuly by ftp'ing the new files accross and manualy installing,

When it still was not working i looked and couldnt find the key file. Maybe its somthing iv done but would like to get it fixed

cheers
You sure you're looking in the correct folder? It can only be one of two places:

\\var\scce or \\var\keys

I'm confused, if you managed to FTP the files across, which folder did you specify??
Were you using a automated prog or manually inputting the path name?

Don't delete any other files (keys) in the above mentioned folder(s), just need to replace with the updated roms.

Back