help conneting via flashfxp

maddywork

Inactive User
Reaction score
hia..
i've just flashed my box with 2x Sportster 1.10 Rc008 UK with Gbox
i've restarted the box and am trying to connect to the pc again but it just wont connect...
i've changed the flashfxp ip address to 192.168.1.110 and the username as "root" and the password as "password"
ive changed the network setting on the pc ..ip address "162.168.1.109" one less than the image ip address.
and it just wont connect...
i made a backup of my previous image/services/bouquets so it was connecting fine for the previous image.
can anyone suggest anything?
cheers
mine is a dbox2 nokia.
thanks

The password is dbox or dbox2

cheers mate...
after just wasting time messing about checking settings and cables...i just restarted the pc and it connected first tyme!!!!!!!
from the previous sportster image i had on ...the password was password....all the other images that ive usd do have the password as dbox or dbox2 but this sportster image has the password as password.

cheers mate...
after just wasting time messing about checking settings and cables...i just restarted the pc and it connected first tyme!!!!!!!
from the previous sportster image i had on ...the password was password....all the other images that ive usd do have the password as dbox or dbox2 but this sportster image has the password as password.
Glad you got connected:banana:
I just dont get why modders change the password from the default dbox or dbox2
It just adds to the confusion especially for members who are just getting into the scene.

EDIT:Where does it mention the password for this image is "password" :confused:

Last edited:
Glad you got connected:banana:
I just dont get why modders change the password from the default dbox or dbox2
It just adds to the confusion especially for members who are just getting into the scene.

EDIT:Where does it mention the password for this image is "password" :confused:

i know it confusing....but i suppose you know it's one of only three lol
i always print the details of the image i flash onto the box and keep it for future reference ...so when i had a look at it said the password was password

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1156/

have a look at the last line it says "root password to commando"

i've just spent the last two hours reading around here and re-arranging and cleaning up the bouquets and services on my box...no crap , no duplicates!!!!!eyes are hurting and back is aching and stiff!!!!!...but at least now it's got some kinda order to it lol

i'll post my bouquets and services if anyone wants to use them,

can i just ask..all my bouquets were ok untill i did a service scan.....after the scan i got about another 20 thousand bouquest with just a single channel each bouquet...how do i do a scan so it doesnt give me any other bouquets?...
i.e. i just want to do a scan now and again to pick up new channels and keep my existing bouquests?
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
in the service scan screen, leave it set to 'leave current' i think it says... you'll then have to add the new channels to your bouquets

Also, read up on the 'myservices' feature i've found dead useful recently for permanently deleting/hiding services you don't want (i.e. grot, test channels, QVC ;) , etc )

cheers mate...
I'm new to this as well & i'm having trouble connecting. I've flashed the dbox with the commando 8.2 image. I've tried the password dbox & dbox, then I tried commando but no joy.

Can anyone help please?

commando is the password for this image, make sure the ip address is set to 192.168.1.110 and your computer ip set to 192.168.1.109

Thanks. I've tried that already but i'll give it another go

Back