iPhone Help and tips to unlock iPhone 4 please

Gerryd13

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this. I have a iPhone 4 and I thought it was sim free but when I put a t mobile sim in it says no service but works for O2 so how do I unlock my phone do I need to jail break it also its using version 6.1.3 so can I jailbreak it or not?!

thanks

I have just unlocked my old iPhone 4 and the only way to properly unlock it was to contact my provider and pay them . I don't believe with the software version you are on you will be able to unlock it either.

I was under the impression O2 didn't lock their phones though?

Well I got the phone from buy as you view so I assumed it was sim free and not on any carrier..... But I'm using giff gaff at the moment but want to go on t mobile but as soon as I stick the sim in it says no service and I can't change the carrier or search for a new network

Just had a quick look and it seems that the phone locks to the first carrier used. Bit crap that mind. Sounds like you would have to get onto apple in that situation. Not sure pay as you view would be able to help.

Just had a quick look and it seems that the phone locks to the first carrier used. Bit crap that mind. Sounds like you would have to get onto apple in that situation. Not sure pay as you view would be able to help.

Yea I was looking too and it seems these "unlocked" phones are not so unlocked once you put a sim in?! But I don't think apple can help either I think it's got to be the provider

I would try apple as the provider didn't provide the phone. At the very least apple will be able to tell you. It is daft as the provider get the phone unlocked by apple lol

hi mate at the moment 6.1.3 is still a tethered jailbreak , which means every time you reboot/restart your phone you will need to choose the just boot option in redsn0w, because of the firmware 6.1.3 and your baseband , you will have to wait for the software unlock , im lead to believe that the next jailbreak untethered will be on iso7, unless the dev team have expliots to waste on the 6.1.3/6.1.4 which means you will be waiting, so personally i would get a proper network unlock off 02, 1st though, you will have to make sure its original network provider is 02, if it is you will have to contact them .an unlock via ultrasn0w is a software unlock , if you have to restore for any reason you wipe the unlock, hope this helps

Back