Hello to all at VU section

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys i get my VU+uno box tomorrow.This is my first encounter with anything VU.I have read the sticky's and the dummy's guild of how to flash the box and i have just a few questions before i go steaming in...

The box comes with BLACKHOLE 1.79 pre-installed. Box is LATEST V3.2. Powerful 400MHz CPU supporting OpenGL 1.0

Can i simply flash openpli 3.0 straight away via usb as per guild or do i need to think about bootloaders etc first.
once i have openpli on i know where i am.
please let me know anything else i should know also.

many thanks

AJT

Hi guys i get my VU+uno box tomorrow.This is my first encounter with anything VU.I have read the sticky's and the dummy's guild of how to flash the box and i have just a few questions before i go steaming in...

The box comes with BLACKHOLE 1.79 pre-installed. Box is LATEST V3.2. Powerful 400MHz CPU supporting OpenGL 1.0

Can i simply flash openpli 3.0 straight away via usb as per guild or do i need to think about bootloaders etc first.
once i have openpli on i know where i am.
please let me know anything else i should know also.

many thanks

AJT

Anyone going to help me out here.???

So its a clone mate ?

Download a image from the website on the sticker under the box and flash it like this, no bootloader hassle.

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick. Or in some cases you may need to make a folder named vuplus then inside that folder create another named duo. The send the boot, kernel and root file to the duo folder.

3. Turn off the power at the back of the VU rear of the VU+ you'll find the switch near the power cable. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

On the front display you'll see reading USB device, this takes a while then you'll see erasing then programming.

It will then tell you to remove USB and reboot. Reboot with the power switch at the back.

As far as im aware V3.2 take the latest original images. Not a clone VU expert though.

So its a clone mate ?

Download a image from the website on the sticker under the box and flash it like this, no bootloader hassle.

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick. Or in some cases you may need to make a folder named vuplus then inside that folder create another named duo. The send the boot, kernel and root file to the duo folder.

3. Turn off the power at the back of the VU rear of the VU+ you'll find the switch near the power cable. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

On the front display you'll see reading USB device, this takes a while then you'll see erasing then programming.

It will then tell you to remove USB and reboot. Reboot with the power switch at the back.

As far as im aware V3.2 take the latest original images. Not a clone VU expert though.

Cheers mate yes its a clone but from UK supplier i have used often so any trouble and it will have a return spring on it at the speed of a thousand gazelles...I did speak with wiz about images ref VU 3.2 but can not remember what he said and i am still wondering ref gen images myself..
Happy with the simple flashing procedure though..maybe after i have had a play i might keep it.I want to see how it does along side my dm800se.
It has a few things that differ from dm so looking forward to playing.Knowing my luck it will be all sorted in 10 mins i will be fedup and be on the look out for another challenge. Ummmm VU+DUO2 pretty colors on front......

Edit just found this
VU+ UNO HD LINUX LATEST V3.2 BLACKHOLE 1.79 V3.0 Support Original Software..jolly good.

looks nice mate:https://mega.co.nz/#!R99DUSwT!TFJVPxvStP8JYoJNpDLapwDm5eNC9D9jbuDev4bPxnI

Last edited:
Well not getting the uno now i am getting the duo instead. Uno not in stock typical.I would have needed to wait for ever for the refund to appear back on card so opted to pay a little extra for duo.seller threw in wifi dongle for it as a good will.
Then in a few weeks i am going to get a Genuine vu+ uno as i have decided after heaps of research that's the box for me.

Back