Vu+ solo2 stuck at starting GUI

Yes Ferret , you are correct. My usb with fight doesn't response. It seems only option is changing chip. I read about jtag flashing, but very confusing. I have RS232 cable came with box.Is it usable for this or Is there a separate cable for this? Could anybody give me a good thread to read about Vu+ solo2 jtag flash? Thanks.

Yes Ferret , you are correct. My usb with fight doesn't response. It seems only option is changing chip. I read about jtag flashing, but very confusing. I have RS232 cable came with box.Is it usable for this or Is there a separate cable for this? Could anybody give me a good thread to read about Vu+ solo2 jtag flash? Thanks.
Can somebody send me jatag flash information for Vu+ solo2 ? Thanks

Hello,

This morning my Solo2 clone box was dead and I discovered it was the PSU that had stopped working. I replaced it with PSU from another device. The box started and displayed the Blackhole logo but nothing else happened. The fan was working. I re-flashed successfully and it started but with same symptoms. I left it like that and a while later this second PSU also blew. There seems to be an issue in the box that blows PSUs. Any ideas as to what to do (other than throw the box into garbage) welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

This morning my Solo2 clone box was dead and I discovered it was the PSU that had stopped working. I replaced it with PSU from another device. The box started and displayed the Blackhole logo but nothing else happened. The fan was working. I re-flashed successfully and it started but with same symptoms. I left it like that and a while later this second PSU also blew. There seems to be an issue in the box that blows PSUs. Any ideas as to what to do (other than throw the box into garbage) welcome.

Friends, I am enclosing a inside picture of my Vu+ solo2. can somebody identify which clone is this for me? Thanks5.jpg

Thanks Ferret. There is RS232 port. Here i am attaching foto of back of the box.See this and give me an Idea. The other thing Ferret is i remember the vendor sent me software update link and i dont have it now,but when i went to it, it is Vu+ and X ​ somthing like that. The chip is not toshiba, but Samsung.
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a sunray clone, more likely a Lonrison clone. The website you are directed to is generally used by Lonrison clones.

If it's no longer stuck on "starting" via the small lcd screen and you're getting little life from it except power led light then you need to jtag or replace nand flash chip as mentioned by several people earlier in thread.

Thanks Ferret. There is RS232 port. Here i am attaching foto of back of the box.See this and give me an Idea. The other thing Ferret is i remember the vendor sent me software update link and i dont have it now,but when i went to it, it is Vu+ and X ​ somthing like that. The chip is not toshiba, but Samsung.
View attachment 89787

VU HD if you google that it will take you to the site your vendor to you to download from.

VU HD if you google that it will take you to the site your vendor to you to download from.
Vendor is not answering any mails. I also think it is lonrison. I am trying to find out how to jtag this box and going to order a flash chip from Ali express. Thanks friends.

Vendor is not answering any mails. I also think it is lonrison. I am trying to find out how to jtag this box and going to order a flash chip from Ali express. Thanks friends.
Can i use this cypress board to jtag my receiver?
IEZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A USB core board development board USB logic analyzer I2C serial and SPI
somebody please look into this and tell me, as i am at a lost about cypress board.

Can i use this cypress board to jtag my receiver?
IEZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A USB core board development board USB logic analyzer I2C serial and SPI
somebody please look into this and tell me, as i am at a lost about cypress board.

I theory yes but after the clone time bomb some have managed to jtag their box others have come across a bad block and BB3 can not write to a chip with a bad block. So if this is this case with your chip it will need removing and a new one. For the price of the cypress board though it is worth trying and it will no doubt come in handy. Ive jtagged so many different box model with jtag in the past its a good bit of kit to ad to the tool box.

Back