Hello, first post, quick questions :)

dc123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly, hello to you all. :Wave:
Very pleased to be a member of such a useful forum, I can see myself browsing these pages on a regular basis from now on!

Anyway, i will get started.

I am a recently new owner of a VU+ duo and with the help of a freind i have it all set up and working well.. channels, bouquets etc

however, on my epg, the timescale is at half hour intervals and it is set at quarter to the hour and quarter past, is there a way to get it to be on the hour (picky i know lol)

also, the default setting for the HDD is to sleep after 5 minutes, i change this to sleep = never. Is this ok or should i allow the hdd to sleep? which leads to my next question. I have set the box to standby never and i just standby the box when i go to bed, is there any benefit to letting the box standby or deep standby on its own, will this in turn put the hdd to sleep ? will this effect timed recordings?

many thanks in advance for any help,
DC

I change my HDD to 10 seconds

I use Cool TV Guide for EPG there is a setting in menu on there to change how many programmes show in the timescale I have 2 hours showing and set primetime to 7pm
as said thats Cool TV Guide

while in EPG press menu see what you can change :)

welcome to the forum :)

Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

If you are in normal standby, HDD will wake up and record any items in the timer. I'm not sure about deep standby.

hey, thanks alot for the replies guys. Im learning!

the timescale option has sorted out the epg for me, good tip.

is there a button on the remote for page up/down when in the epg? channel +/- just changes the channel still.

thanks again :)

Back