Heating Help Wanted brrrrrr

chris1975

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a social landlord tenant. They aren't much more than useless.

I have a 4 bedroom property with 8 rooms + landing hall & stairs. 9 Rads installed.

I have a Ideal Isar HE30 combi boiler which is fitted in a cupboard in the hallway, a room stat fitted in the hallway and a trv on all rads except the 1 in the hallway.

My problem is heating is great when first turned on rads get piping hot, but once house upto temp and room stats kicks out the rooms & rads have to be cold before it kicks back in again, the boiler will then run for 1-2 mins till rads become luke warm again the the room stat kicks out back to being cold again there does seem to be any consistancy.

I was advice by a local gas fitter to try n remove the trv to see how it goes then but the rads n the room still loose temperature. I know the room stat is out by 1 degree so I have this set to 22 degrees.

What i want to know is how can I improve the heating without it costing more in fuel.

IE am I bypassing the room stat, reinstall the trv and just control the heat from the boiler stat?

Any advice will be appreciated as this is now doing my head when ever we have a cold spell I can't keep my house warm.

You dont have the stat above a rad by any chance? that would make it click off.

No mate the stat is on the oposite wall to the left abit if that makes sense there is about 7 foot between them.

Cheers
Chris

Dodgy stat by the sound of it m8,
can you not get it replaced?

And yes you could bypass the stat and just control it from the boiler stat,although it would not be as accurate as a working room stat

And yes you could bypass the stat and just control it from the boiler stat,although it would not be as accurate as a working room stat

Cheers m8 out of curiosity I will try bypass then see how it runs

After that another phonecall to the muppets at Gentoo

Thats what we do... Then set each room via the rad valve... Been like that for ages.. In colder times like this, we just turn the boiler up..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hi,
My guess is that its the stat, also is it wired correctly as some have 3 wire connections to pre heat the stat
Exect

It appears it was a faulty room stat, which was changed by Gentoo on Friday and guess what the they fitted is worse than that and my house is like an igloo at the moment so not amused. Anyway they sending someone out again today so lets see what happens this time.

Back