HDMI Monitor/TV

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Not sure exactly where to put this so I thought I would post here.
I am after a monitor or TV that is 19" widescreen (or thereabouts) with, and this is vital, HDMI.

I currently have a 20" Dell Monitor which is a good monitor (DVI, VGA etc), however it does not work the Mac Mini going from HDMI to DVI-D (through a HDMI to DVI Cable).

This is annoying and it is a know issue/problem for mac users.. (Bloody mac's ;) )

I have looked in the obvious places for cheap ones over the weekend but maybe I have missed a deal or retailer.

Again it must be HDMI, I am not bothered if it has no sound and it would be nice if it was white or silver, although black will be fine.

So if you see one on your travels, give us a shout.

Thanks.

Yeah, I was looking at that one last week. I will need to see it in the flesh but I think it will be..
I do have a 32" TV but that is overkill for the desk :)

I have since purchased a Belkin HDMI to DVI cable which is specific for Apple.. I am crossing everything that this works as it was only £5. The next stage is to buy Apples own £25 adapter and failing that the new TV/Monitor.

This project has cost me a lot of money so far! Making the Mac Mini accessible in two rooms in the house from one central location.

ebuyer.com has got a load of cheap monitors, tv's and combos but i think they all in black

Forgot about ebuyer, bought my last cheapo TV from them.
I have looked briefly at Richer Sounds, again I recently purchased a Samsung Series 8 from them.

Food for thought, I will see if this Belkin cable works first before making a decision.

Another 24 inch samsung has cropped up n hukd, but for £89 HERE I'll carryon looking for a 19 inch model.

I got the Belkin cable but the maximum resolution was shocking!!

So, eBay mailed me and had some refurbished Tesco 21" Full HD Televisions for £75... For that price I could not refuse! Should be here on Tuesday and I should be laughing then.

Well the TV turned up and all is good.
The TV contrast is not great, but it was £75. It is more than acceptable for purpose, it is not as if I am editing Photo's on it.

I also got a Display Port to HDMI connector for the mini which feeds to a second TV in another room. I am basically mirroring the image to both TV's selecting which one I am using for the sound. It is all working very nice with a couple of Bluetooth dongles plugged into the USB extenders I have.

Very chuffed with the set up and has not cost too much even if I have spent a lot on cables :) They will get used at some point.

nice one @Goldberg good to see your happy with the new Monitor/TV :)

Back