HDMI KVM Extender advice

DC2019

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get a little advice on HDMI extenders.
I'd like to be able to use my existing Cat5e home network to be able to extend the HDMI (all KVM if possible) to different areas in my house.

The trouble seems to be how much do I realistically need to spend? I've seen some products at around £80 up to £300 (big difference).

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

DC2019

Reaction score
I'm hoping to be able to extend my PC display (via HDMI output) into a different room (working from home a lot more now 😷). If possible I'd like to extended the USB mouse and keyboard as well (KVM)
I have two existing spare network points (cat5e) from the study that I could link to spare network points in other rooms, so avoiding router.
But, I'm not sure about the display resolution running through the extender (if that makes sense). Is EDID essential?
Also, is it worth spending more money on a HDBaseT device? Or even over IP?
The more I looked into it the more questions I ended up with..

Sorry if this is still all a bit vague, just didn't want to spend £180+ if a £60 device would do the job fine.

wcnetworks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you have CAT5e, you can get HDMI to CAT5e extenders (theyre sold in pairs) as well as an HDMI splitter. or matrix depending on what you want to do with the signal

TEST