HD Alternative to Dbox2?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there a box similar to the dbox that is as easy to set up but will output hd? just with virgin starting to carry some hd channels im interested?

I believe there's a new dbox3 HD coming out very soon mate, but they will be quite expensive.

:Cheers:

ok ill rephrase it is there a cheapish HD box available lol

seriously? or you taking the complete pish?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it's called coolstream, sat searching has been on about it on other forums....ready for sat - soon for cable 300 - 400 euro

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

cheers

Last edited:
It Runs Neutrino and the Sources are going Public, which is why it is being Dubbed as a Dbox3.

lol

i've just got a hold of my second dbox2 and theres a fecking dbox3 coming out lol

bout 10-12 years after it comes out till i get a shot of one ha!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Would I lie to a mucker? were gonnae win the league this year to, lol. :Clap:

:Cheers:

mate i think we will get a europa league place this year again!

by winning the fucker!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Coolstream HD1 (aka Dbox3)

Should be around 299 Euros, I got a test box with satellite tuner.

Runs Neutrino HD
Esata support
usb
2 card slots
2 CI slots
hdmi socket

Last edited:
so would i just be able to put any neutrino image on it ? or would it have to be a specific image?

so would i just be able to put any neutrino image on it ? or would it have to be a specific image?

Would have to be specific to the Coolstream box, sources are starting to go public now so other images will appear in a month or 3

Eventually, I'll post a review. Just took these 2 pics, poor quality but gives you an idea of neutrino HD and the vfd display.

Last edited:
I've been weighing these up recently, along with the DM800/DM500 and EX7000 HD, but I'd much rather get one of these than the Eurovox even if they are pricier...I just love my DBox2 :proud:

Is there any indication on the timescale for cable version being released? As I'd rather wait for that than get one of the others.

Coolstream HD1 (aka Dbox3)

Should be around 299 Euros, I got a test box with satellite tuner.

Runs Neutrino HD
Esata support
usb
2 card slots
2 CI slots
hdmi socket

Hi Boswell,

Can CCcam be used on the sat image?

Thanks

Hi Boswell,

Can CCcam be used on the sat image?

Thanks

Not at the moment, only the arm version of mgcamd is confirmed working.

It is very early days for this box, I'm told other cams will apear for it soon.

The basic firmware is being updated pretty quick (around 2 to 3 updates a week). But as it stands now, I can say the basic images are pretty stable for a box in this beta stage.

Current firmware, this box is very usable, but as only 50 have been produced for testing and feedback so far, then it's difficult for "extra" features and cams to be sorted for it.

The next "production batch" of many boxes is going through now, so when these get released, I'm hopefull that things like cccam will be sorted....

@redwolf, not sure of timescale at the mo, but they say a cable version will appear soon!

SS

Last edited:
Thanks Boswell...I'll bide my time then and wait for it rather than rush in and get one of the other manufacturers.

Look at the dreambox 800. Linux same as dbox so not problem to set up for you. Anything with a HD on the end is going to be a little bit expensive.:Cheers:

does this box have room for 2 tuners ? looking for a HD box with cable and Sat

Not at the moment, only the arm version of mgcamd is confirmed working.

It is very early days for this box, I'm told other cams will apear for it soon.

The basic firmware is being updated pretty quick (around 2 to 3 updates a week). But as it stands now, I can say the basic images are pretty stable for a box in this beta stage.

Current firmware, this box is very usable, but as only 50 have been produced for testing and feedback so far, then it's difficult for "extra" features and cams to be sorted for it.

The next "production batch" of many boxes is going through now, so when these get released, I'm hopefull that things like cccam will be sorted....

@redwolf, not sure of timescale at the mo, but they say a cable version will appear soon!

SS

Thanks for the info pal, interesting suff !

I would deffo be tempted up to the £300 mark.

Messa

Back