hayfever

pritesh

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi just wondering what the most effective thing for hayfever? been getting worse over the last week or so, fine one day then the next ive got a runny nose, sneezing and sore eyes and its getting on my nerves now. must of sneezed 10 times in the last two minutes cant even sleep. lol maybe this should be in the rant room.

hi just wondering what the most effective thing for hayfever? been getting worse over the last week or so, fine one day then the next ive got a runny nose, sneezing and sore eyes and its getting on my nerves now. must of sneezed 10 times in the last two minutes cant even sleep. lol maybe this should be in the rant room.
welcome to my world m8 i dont think there is anything we could, i sometimes take 4 1a day pills and it still dont help . last year mine lasted till december went to the doc and said its normal for it to last that long. im up to my ear in snots everyday so ur not alone m8

lo, you could try taking a spoon of honey every day, my wife got told by a friend to try it but she never did, because she hates honey lol :)

lo, you could try taking a spoon of honey every day, my wife got told by a friend to try it but she never did, because she hates honey lol :)

Honey definitely helps!

Especially if you can obtain locally produced honey- google for it, you will find local honey producers.

I take a table spoon every morning with some lukewarm water. My hey fever was extremely bad - it’s not fully cured but the honey has definitely helped.

Try it…

local honey helps coz it is produced from local pollen so it helps you get used to the pollen so you do not get such an extreme reaction when you do come in contact with it. really though you want to start taking the honey early in the year, and its gotta be local unfiltered honey.
for a quick fix, i use benedryl plus, its the only one that works for me. (and it would be the most expensive) normal benedryl didnt work but the plus did for some reason. hope it helps you, coz it is a lousy feeling.

Iv had hayfever for years now every summer and have never found any pills or sprays that work. Tried them all from the doctor. There used to be a jag some people got (never had it myself) and it supposedly worked great.

Honey definitely helps!

Especially if you can obtain locally produced honey- google for it, you will find local honey producers.

I take a table spoon every morning with some lukewarm water. My hey fever was extremely bad - it’s not fully cured but the honey has definitely helped.

Try it…

local honey helps coz it is produced from local pollen so it helps you get used to the pollen so you do not get such an extreme reaction when you do come in contact with it. really though you want to start taking the honey early in the year, and its gotta be local unfiltered honey.
for a quick fix, i use benedryl plus, its the only one that works for me. (and it would be the most expensive) normal benedryl didnt work but the plus did for some reason. hope it helps you, coz it is a lousy feeling.
i heard about honey and dismiss it as another 1 of those remedies but now that 3 of u guys mention it ..just maybe they might be some truth to it and worth trying .... the only problem is where do u find a local produce honey if u live in the middle of the city

Iv had hayfever for years now every summer and have never found any pills or sprays that work. Tried them all from the doctor. There used to be a jag some people got (never had it myself) and it supposedly worked great.
same here m8 nothing works u just end with stuffy nose that u have to keep blowing every minute im see the doctor on wed. my pill r running out and im going to find out about the jab and probably insist that he gives it to me so i i'll let u know what i find out about it and how u can get it wednesday night

This worked well for my daughter but works best if the honey is made locally as the bees use the pollens immediate to where you live which helps with your immune system, hope this helps.

same here m8 nothing works u just end with stuffy nose that u have to keep blowing every minute im see the doctor on wed. my pill r running out and im going to find out about the jab and probably insist that he gives it to me so i i'll let u know what i find out about it and how u can get it wednesday night
yea, i've been the same as you guys, been through every tablet, spray on boots shelves. I think benadryl plus was new last year so tried it, ready to dismiss it as the same old rubbish but it helped me a lot. Might be worth a go, if you havnt tried it. Its not the same as normal benedryl coz that doesnt work for me.

Back to the honey thing, I wouldnt expect it to work for you now coz its too late once your into the hayfever season, its all about keeping you in contact with local pollens all year round so when the pollen season starts you are already used to it.

Rapitil eye drops or the over the counter equivalent
Beconase hayfever nasal spray
s.gif

clarityn tabs

Couple of years ago I tryed honey & live yogurt it seemed to work, now all I use is a bit of vaseline in my nose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayfever

tis the season of snotty noses and eyes like piss holes in the snow,i drink tea with honey in and it helps me lots,don't tend to get it as bad and just get piriton to boost me up and i wear sunglasses a lot too,my eyes never start itching when i wear them....hope this helps

Season has definatly started, nearly had to go to A&E with my asthma last night

before you leave the house, rub a small amount of vasline to the end of your nose

this will stop the pollen going stright up your nose, it does help try it

Sunglasses definitely help, as well as veseline. Anything that is a physical barrier is a winner.
Oh and don't buy the brand remedies, you can find generic pills for half the price, and when you check the label, it's the same ingredients!
You just gotta experiment to get the best combination.

Back