Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Having probs with 250 Ambit any ideas

Coolur

Inactive User
Lo all....

I am trying to get a 250 up and running but hit a bit of a brick wall...

I have flashed the 250hack_dump_telnet.bin and that all went as per instructions.

I changed the Mac as per instructions and also confirmed this was a success by using 250 mac changer to verify the mac was there.

Regards all other sections in the 250 tutorial I went with the flow and experienced no probs following or doing the neccessary options.

Now when I boot the modem up I can only get the Power & Ethernet LED's lit....Prior to doing the above the modem would sync and go steady!

I have repeated the above processes and tried diff DS frequency's as illustrated in the diff tutorials I have looked at, as well as trying "annex_a and annex_b"...

Anyone any idea's what is going on as all this is totally new to me and I am at a loss as to what I should do next.

Regards and TYI

Coolur

Thx airmax I had no idea about the lights... If I do an ipconfig/all I dont see and dns servers so have I maybe got the wrong tuner number 19 or maybe incorrect DS freq....

I have no idea wot Tuner or DS freq I should be set at, like I said I just went with the flow of the tutorial.

Thx

Coolur

Yep thats wot I get m8 and here is the info from that page...

Startup Procedure
Procedure Status Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel 343767100 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown
Configuration File In Progress
Security Disabled Disabled

Downstream Channel
Lock Status Not Locked Modulation unknown
Channel ID 0 Symbol rate Unknown
Downstream Frequency 343767100 Hz Downstream Power 9.5 dBmV
SNR 24.5 dB

Upstream Channel
Lock Status Not Locked Modulation QPSK
Channel ID 0 Symbol rate 0 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency 0 Hz Upstream Power 8.3 dBmV

Just a quick update, If I refresh the web browser on this page the "Aquire DS Freq" is constantly changing so its clear the modem is not finding anything to lock on to...

Could it be a tuner chan prob, I set it to 19 as per tutorial

I am using annex_b and 402750000 .... I am in Manchester On NTL in an ex cw area.... Not sure on wot freq I should be using tbh...

Thx

Coolur

if i keeps scanning for a freq then u either have the wrong freq, the wrong
settings (ie annex, cm_tuner etc) or no signal.
keep working at it, ur close

goto 192.168.100.1 then logs and printg a copy here - it may help

Thx for that "madnlooney" will give that a go and report back l8r....

Update: The setting "Madnlooney" posted worked fine so thx everyone for the assistance....: multi :

Last edited:
hi Ive been following this thread as i have got the exact same problem
modem cant lock on
I'm in exc&w and using annex_a and freq 586750000
but with no joy. i have followed the tut to the letter and I'm using a mac
from 3 miles away borrowed the mac off my mates subbed modem
so i know it works
also if i use a mac i scanned for using dhcp the modem will connect to the net
for all of 2 minutes
could i be over looking some thing???

if eney one has eney idea's it's much appreciated thanks

your mac is conflicting.. the mac ur usuing is in the same ubr as ur area.. so if i was u.. find out what ur ubr is .. and try finding a mac in another ubr then urs...

your mac is conflicting.. the mac ur usuing is in the same ubr as ur area.. so if i was u.. find out what ur ubr is .. and try finding a mac in another ubr then urs...

thanks m8 that would seem to be the problem i know Ive also used
that mac changer to find other macs working mac's it Say's in the list
would all them also be from my ubr??

cheers

your best bet is to find out ur ubr... then go around.. if u got a psp or a wireless device.. and go onto wireless networks.. and type in 192.168.100.1 ... and enter pass... and that will give u the mac and ip.. and find the ubr if its different to urz use it...

your best bet is to find out ur ubr... then go around.. if u got a psp or a wireless device.. and go onto wireless networks.. and type in 192.168.100.1 ... and enter pass... and that will give u the mac and ip.. and find the ubr if its different to urz use it...

lol ive never thought of that ive just restarted mac changer also and now in the box at the top of the window its now showing scanning ds frequencies
but will give what you said a try thanks for your time m8

cheers

Back