Having motorised dish installed, what settings need to change in DM600?

Sicilian

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title guy's & gal's :)

I'm having a motorised dish installed tomorrow morning, atm I'm just using a fixed sly dish.

I'm assuming all I need to do is the following: -

1. Goto satellite configuration & change from 'one single satellite' to 'many satellites via Diseqc rotor'.

2. Goto Motor setup, check the box that says 'use gotoXX Function & input longitude & lattitude.

3. Goto to service searching & choose which satellites to scan.

Are they the only settings I need to look at? The installer says he will align the dish with Thor.

Thanks in advance :)

i dont like using the goto xx fuction always seems to piss about on me but then never sat down long enough to play with it can you let me know how long it takes you to set the goto xx when the motor is set up m8

once the motor is set correctly, the gotoX function automatically knows where EVERY satellite is, so no messing about finding sats and storing them, enter your lat/lon, download a channel list (or tell the receiver to scan all required satellites and leave it work) and its done

with a ready made (or downloaded) channel list, you can go from zero to 3000 channels in less than a minute

i ALWAYS use this function on every install i do

Thanks for the replys guys :)

/me looks forward to setting this up tomorrow. At last can get a bit more out of cs :)

Back