Have problems with my dream box 500 help please

19RoScO85

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys wonder if anyone could help i tried to turn my box on just a min ago and i cant get any power to it now it was plugged in and working before i took it through to the living room and now i cant get any power to it at all could somone please help thanks for anyones time

silly question but have you checked the fuse mate in the plug, are you sure the socket is working where your plugging it into, have a listen to the power pack that come with the dream, should here it buzzing, use an electrical tester to see if it's kicking out voltage.

Hey thanks for the reply yeah i tried all that even tried another power pack but still no luck i cant go back to channels 1-5 please help cheers .

hi mate, sorry i'm confused? yours saying you can't get any power to it? but you now your saying you can't get channels 1 - 5 back?

ha sorry m8 i mean i dont want to go back to just watching normal tele anymore i have a sky box i can just plug in and get channels 1-5 but i need my dream box up and running sorry if i confused you.

ok so are you saying that it was working and that you could get other channels (not FTA) and now it's not? what image you got on it

Hey bud sorry yeah it was working fine but now there is no power going into the box at all i think the image version is 2.21 correct me if am wrong its a little girl in the back ground playing nots and crosses lol thanks for trying to help me .

two questions

1. do you have a green light on the psu?
2. is there a green light on the dm500?

hey m8 no there are no green light coming on anymore there was when it was working cheers pal

Sounds like the power supply has had it!!
Get a replacement, 12volt DC, better to get one rated for 2Amps!

Get a voltmeter and check, just to make sure before you buy one!

cheers m8 but i already tried that i just put it in a wee tv shop near by me they are going to have a look at it a tell me whats wrong with will let you all no what the out come is cheers guys for all the help.

Hey guys just got my box back its not good the boy said that the icu on the main board was not working any more. Can anyone tell me a good and trusted site to buy another box form thanks guys take all

Only advice i can give is stay away from Asian suppliers, :arrrr:buy in the uk is your best bet!
I'm sure other's will recommend some trusted suppliers!

Back