Have I killed my TM600?

stickybuds

Inactive User
Reaction score
I think i have killed my TM600 but i have no idea how. It was working fine, i turned it off at the mains and then when i powered it back up it was showing no signal. I have tried a factory reset and then rescanning the channels and i get a message saying "All known transponders have been tried, but no lock was possible"

I have reflashed it with some images including Original TM600 image, URTeam, Gemini, ITgate, and a few other, i have also tried multipul versions of each.

On most images including the original TM software all i get is the splash screen and every 30 seconds or so the screen goes black for a second then back to the splash screen again.

The only image that will fully boot the box is the gemini image, but when i use it i cannot find any channels.

I have also tried making a full backup of a working TM600 from the web interface after booting with the ^ button held in, then restoring the 'broken' box with it, but then it loads up the channel lists and bouquets but when i tune to a channel it says no signal.

This box is only 2 weeks old, i bought 4 from an ebay seller, 3 are fine and this one was fine for about a week.

Is the tuner in the box dead or is there somthing i can do to recover it. If it is dead is it possible to replace the tuner or would i be better off buying a new box. I am slightly wary of buying a new one not knowing how this one died at only 1 week old.

Has anyone used Technomates warranty service, and if so, is it any good.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards, Sticky....

I've never owned a Technomate box but since the TM600 is Linux based then I can offer this....

Once or twice my DM500 has gotten itself into strange non-boot loop, it starts to boot, it gets to the splash screen then the screen goes black and after a second the flash screen reappears and it just keeps doing this over and over, rebooting makes no difference. The only way I can fix it is by flashing the drive with the original image supplied by Dream Multimedia (Gemini), then once Gemini is on board and working I can then install any other image and it works fine.

can you either connect another receiver to your dish to see if it works, or connect your receiver to a known working dish? this will help you eliminate either a problem with the dish/motor/lnb/cable or the receiver

can you either connect another receiver to your dish to see if it works, or connect your receiver to a known working dish? this will help you eliminate either a problem with the dish/motor/lnb/cable or the receiver

Hi Digi, i hoped you might take a look, i see you killed one yourself recently :Clap:

As i said in my original post i bought 4 at the same time, the other 3 work fine on the same feed from the dish, i thought it may have been just that 1 port on the lnb that was faulty so i tested not only on the same dish but on the same cable coming from the dish.

So, i know that the problem is with the box and not with the dish.

Also i have tried a few versions of the original image that i got from here, none will go past the splash screen, only Gemini will fully boot the box.

Also thanks for your input WITCHSMELLER PURSUIVANT... seems strange that you have seen similar problems with DM's and they will only fix them selfs with gemini and gemini is also the only image that my TM will boot. Only on my TM even when i load gemini onto it, it still cant find any channels.

And only 1 week old too.

Last edited:
Also digi, i see on the box you killed you ha it running WiFi, how did you do that? i presume with a USB dongle type thingy?

can you access the uboot menu? with power off, press and hold the UP button on the front of the receiver, set your tv to show the scart input, and turn the receiver on. select factory reset, now flash an image, then factory reset again

i had wifi via a 3G broadband router, that it stripped right down, and 'merged' with the TM, so it was all in one, theres pictures of how i did it all in a thread in here

can you access the uboot menu? with power off, press and hold the UP button on the front of the receiver, set your tv to show the scart input, and turn the receiver on. select factory reset, now flash an image, then factory reset again

i had wifi via a 3G broadband router, that it stripped right down, and 'merged' with the TM, so it was all in one, theres pictures of how i did it all in a thread in here

Yes i can access the Uboot menu and i have done a factory reset on there followed by a freash flash but i didn't do another factory reset after the flash just tested and it was still the same.

I will test now if your idea of fac reset > flash > fac reset helps...

Will report back in 10 mins.

well, I'm back, and it didn't help. I done factory reset from uboot menu, then serial update from uboot, then after the update finnished I immidiately went back to the Uboot menu before allowing the box to boot and done another factory reset. This time the screen went black for a few seconds the i got the screen that says do not turn off your box updating 0%. Then it just sat @ 0%, i left it 5 mins and it was still at 0% so i turned it off.

Now when i turn on the power i get a breif popping sound from the telly, the screen stays on "no signal input" and i get no lights on the LED panel on the box, when i turn off the power i get another breif popping sound from the TV.

I have experimented with holding in buttons while powering on and i have found that if i hold either OK down or standby i get random lights on the LED's however. I had hoped one of the buttons would power it into some debug or diagnostic state but i dont think this is the case because if i hold down a button and power on i get some LED's lighting up but then if i turn it off and back on holding the same button i get another sequence of lights on the box but it wont be the same as before.

I think i have killed it good, don't know how you managed to not kill yours for so long, even know you were tring, and i managed to kill mine in a week without doing anything to hurt it at all.

Ahh well looks like i killed mine better, we should start a box killing comp, see who can kill there box in the most obscure way. Anyway i am going to ring technomate tomorrow see if i can warranty the box, good thing the last image i flashed to it before the factory reset that ended its life was the Original TM Firmware. I'll just tell TM that its only ever had official TM software on it and that is whats on it if they check.

I'm pritty sure it was the tuner that died first, and i think i have broke the bootloader now.

I also noticed that there are some sort of pins headers on the board, what are these for, is it possible to jtag the bootloader back to it, or are they even jtag or similar pins? If they are jtag or similar i think i would rather continue playing with it than send it back, I would be over the moon if i could revive it with my jtag, much more satisfying than the postman just bringing me a new one.

BTW.... I am not at all bothered that my box is dead, and i'm not complaining that i did what digi told me and that killed it, i dont blame digi at all, i enjoy playing with and braking things, its all good fun. I worte this paragraph just to make clear that i dont blame digi, he gave advice that could well have fixed my problems and i choose to follow that advice, there-fore my responsibillity.

Thanks for your help.

after a factory reset it came up saying updating 0%??

manually change your TV to the scart input, the 'pop' on the tv could be the telly seeing the box being powered up, and it could be in update mode, needing to be serial flashed, but it wont send the switching signal on pin8 of the scart lead

the front display will also be dead while its like this, as the box will hang waiting to be updated.

try sending the file via technomate control center, set that going, then press the Ok button on the front of the receiver m8

after a factory reset it came up saying updating 0%??

manually change your TV to the scart input, the 'pop' on the tv could be the telly seeing the box being powered up, and it could be in update mode, needing to be serial flashed, but it wont send the switching signal on pin8 of the scart lead

the front display will also be dead while its like this, as the box will hang waiting to be updated.

try sending the file via technomate control center, set that going, then press the Ok button on the front of the receiver m8

when i said it came up saying updating 0%, it was a typo it actually said erasing... same as it did when i did the first factory reset only the first time it went to 100% and rebooted.

Anyway i tried connecting technomate control centre via serial lead and set it running then powered it up and pressed ok but nothing happened, i also tried turning off and on and tring every other button and none done anything.

Not to worry. :Fish:

Curious... One of my TM-600s had the same problem 2 week back. I have managed to soft-brick it once earlier but managed to revive via RS232 and technomate control centre but last week, one of mine had the same symptom (splash screen keeps flashing - this is similar to the eagle and dreambox bricks). Tried to revive about 4 or 5 times via TCC and UBoot - the image did write but it was sill stuck on the splash screen. Tried both kosher and UR images and it did not work. In the end, I just reflashed to factory and sent the bugger back. Maybe UR have timebombs in? :p

Last edited:
Curious... One of my TM-600s had the same problem 2 week back. I have managed to soft-brick it once earlier but managed to revive via RS232 and technomate control centre but last week, one of mine had the same symptom (splash screen keeps flashing - this is similar to the eagle and dreambox bricks). Tried to revive about 4 or 5 times via TCC and UBoot - the image did write but it was sill stuck on the splash screen. Tried both kosher and UR images and it did not work. In the end, I just reflashed to factory and sent the bugger back. Maybe UR have timebombs in? :p

I thought the time bombs were for the clone dm500?

The Technomate's are not cloned.

Hi, This is my first post and hope its in the right place and in need of urgent HELP plz.
I`ve just bought a brand new Technomate tm500. I loaded a ur image i believe the latest one updated with cccam 2.1.4.
Now i tried to update the box again for some unknow reason powered off the box held down ok button switched back on and message appears upgd 2 seconds later error done this several times no luck. I then decided to reset the box to factory setting what a mistake!!! All the box does is reboot it self over and over again no channels nothing wont even stay on. It display on screen underground resistence team then reboots. Wont connect to to pc nothing PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE WHAT TO TO DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.
many thanks
shaz

Urgent help needed technomate tm500 please advise

Hi, This is my first post and hope its in the right place and in need of urgent HELP plz.
I`ve just bought a brand new Technomate tm500. I loaded a ur image i believe the latest one updated with cccam 2.1.4.
Now i tried to update the box again for some unknow reason powered off the box held down ok button switched back on and message appears upgd 2 seconds later error done this several times no luck. I then decided to reset the box to factory setting what a mistake!!! All the box does is reboot it self over and over again no channels nothing wont even stay on. It display on screen underground resistence team then reboots. Wont connect to to pc nothing PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE WHAT TO TO DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.
many thanks
shaz

Re: Urgent help needed technomate tm500 please advise

press the CH+ button on the front of the receiver when powering on m8, and turn TV to scart input, instead of holding the OK button ;)

Re: urgent help needed

this is thanks to "digidude"the (full version of above).I found that when I had a prob with my tm500 I had to do several factory re-sets to clear it and loading the official image between times.I have finished up with the UR image dated 14/10/2009 as its an easy one to start with.

Last edited:
hiya sory too jump in your convo i have a question i have uploaded nw imge on tm-600 an now its locked my remote out an i dont no how to bring the remote back could anybody plz if poss advise me where to go give any pointers if ther is a work around .....cheers

Back