has the world gone mad

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
with everything going on at the moment is it me or does it seem that the world is going mad ?

there are many different opinions and i get that but it just seems that no one wants to agree on anything they just want to cause conflict
Brexit - racism- Scottish Independence - state of the eu - more rights for lbqt+ (what ever the + is )- genders
what ever happened to people having a difference of opinion and just taking?
not trying to cause an argument but want to hear others opinions on this even if i'm wrong
i dont expect everybody to agree with my politics - ideas or anything else but i would rather have a disagreement and walk away still talking than end up in a battle
i personally believe there is going to be a backlash and a big one and its going to be over something so small and stupid that it should never have happened in the first place

I think social media and the propaganda we see on the internet and tv has made a big difference on how people react imo.
I have found that humour can help to defuse an argument if you get into one, but it doesn’t always work.

No one is allowed to have an opinion anymore. Its you’re wrong, I am correct or I’m correct you’re wrong.
People just need to respect each other’s beliefs and opinions..... unless you are a warmongering fcukwit of course.
Too many hidden agendas too....
Though of course, it does not matter what vain of politics you follow if you are dealing with the stupid! If COVID-19 has taught us anything, people are just stupid! RE - Dorset/Bournemouth/Illegal Raves.......etc.

i personally believe there is going to be a backlash and a big one and its going to be over something so small and stupid that it should never have happened in the first place

I think you're right, and I'd agree with avid about social media. The "my opinion is just as valid as your fact" argument seems to be the order of the day. :(

I don’t think it’s just stupidity in all cases.
I think it’s people that just don’t give a feck about anyone else and just care about their own gratification.🙄

What really boils my piss is when somebody’s argument Is based on something that they read on Facebook and they believe it to be true, f*ckwits 🙄

...and when the leader of the most powerful nation on earth uses social media to prove that he's an illiterate moron, we definitely know that we're f*cked! :eek:

(Ooops! sorry if that's too political).

@nara
i don't think its too political its your opinion, i don't agree with you that he is an illiterate moron but he does need to get a grip on some of the total crap he comes out with
that was my point at the start i don't agree totally with you but you are correct in around about way he can be a moron

Yeah its a shame we don't have a reset button, put everyone back to default :) reboot start again :)

Whatever happened to common sense?
Appears to have got lost in all that's happening

It might be a strange thing for me to say, sitting here in front of a keyboard and monitor, but I think the Internet and all that goes with it has led us down this path. There's obviously no going back, but did we miss it when it wasn't here? (yeh, I know it's a daft question, but...)

It might be a strange thing for me to say, sitting here in front of a keyboard and monitor, but I think the Internet and all that goes with it has led us down this path. There's obviously no going back, but did we miss it when it wasn't here? (yeh, I know it's a daft question, but...)
It was a double edged sword for my business.
Made me far more efficient but having access to fault databases made me less likely to diagnose the fault in a logical manner. Time was money.

The saving grace being that I also contributed to the databases sort of made me sleep better. I wouldn't want to but I could easily have managed had it never came along.

The internet is not the place where this started BUT it has been brilliantly exploited by the ideology behind where we
find ourselves today, it's roots go way back, long before brexit etc, google "The long march through the institutions"
anyone who thinks this will be over soon when the common sense adults find their voices are sadly mistaken, there is
no MSM that will give the platform to do so.

As HibbyDave says the internet is not where it started but it is the place that allowed unseen morons to intensify and stoke the fires of hatred with false information and lies ( or Fake News..........God I hate that expression ). Certain cowardly keyboard warriors can stir thing up enough to then get the disruptive elements to take to the streets where the opportunist criminals can use the disruption to rob, steal and destruct.

Back