Has anyone started using Internet Exporer 7?

MC_1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was thinking of downloading the beta version, but thought whats the point. Is it any better than 6? Whats the pros and cons.

(Oh, and I already know the lectures on using firefox instead)

One word.....NASTY!!!

I downloaded it for all of a couple of hours & hated it.
I've submitted a few glitches to MS in the vain hope they might actually listen to a mere user.

I couldn't get into the KLM site to book tickets.

The right click on the "back" button function has been stripped out, so if it's one of those annoying sites which keeps you in a loop, then you're stuck there.

I'm very pedantic on where my menu/tool bars sit in IE, this beta doesn't allow very much customisation at all.

In saying that, it's only a beta, and I may grow to like it (I hated 98 & XP when I started using betas, but I got used to them over time.

Uninstalling was a bit of a swine, I had to juggle the registry, and in the end, had to perform a system restore.

It's definitely not for me in it's current state, there are some nice features, but it was ripped out of my hard drive before I could fully explore them.

MS did send me a few URL's to look at while they "appreciate my feedback"

Official Internet Explorer Newsgroup:
h**p://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general&cat=en_us_28cca3eb-7037-4d4f-bde1-d8efee1f1420&lang=en&cr=us

Features & a tour:
h**p://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx

MS Blog Site:
h**p://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx

My comments ARE important to them.

I'm back to using Firefox for the meantime :)

i had it for a while now, ive got used to it, does take a while tho.
esp the way it works with new windows n tabs.

back, forward is a pain tho, probs one of the most used features in browsing.

Ive had it for about a week and i really lke it. Back key isnt a problem as u just use the Backspace key on keyboard. Tabs are really nice but when you click a link it doesnt automatically go into a new tab , it opens in a new window(Dont know if you can change this setting). Toolbars look really nice and fit right into the CP and looks really tidy. Dropdown favourites are great as when you click a link the menu goes away ! It also looks 10x better than IE6 and i do find it slightly faster.

Hope this helps.

Back