has any 1 tryed to make 1 already

gummerz

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi ive been thinking ov makeing a adaptor for the jtag to just put direct on to the 4000 boxes has any of you had a pop at it before???

for my jtag, i use alarm wire same colours as jtag wiring. and connect these to jtag points on board, and then join the wires using them white connector blocks in a strip.

Highlander said:
for my jtag, i use alarm wire same colours as jtag wiring. and connect these to jtag points on board, and then join the wires using them white connector blocks in a strip.

well thats the kinda thing i was thinking about dose it save ya time ???

Even if you made an adaptor it would still need soldering to the board and then de-solderd to remove it ,so i think it would take longer unless you were going to leave it inside the Box.
An adaptor that could be used over and over would also be difficult as to the amount of pins that would have to be connected at once,you would need to spread the heat to all pins locations at the same time.

cyber said:
hi ive been thinking ov makeing a adaptor for the jtag to just put direct on to the 4000 boxes has any of you had a pop at it before???

I was thinking off doing some thing with springs in block the same size as the pads on the board....

but you would need two for a pace and sammy

That possibly would work ,but woundnt it be difficult to keep in place with one hand while using the pc with the other?
When modding an xbox there is a connecter used to fit the mod chip i will have a look at one of these to see if that can be used,same type of points as the jtag.

i have made one for the 4000. works a treat, no soldering involved!!!!!!!!!!!!

altho as Lance has stated above u need someone to hold it for you ( i just use the missus, cheap labour, lol!) i will post some pics 4 u peeps who are interested, will have to wait till 2mrw.

also i know some peeps have made one for the sammy and i would be interested in some info on this, have asked certain members but not willing to help!

cheers!

You could make one with Pogo Pins - Sprung loaded gold plated pins for making bed-of-nails test fixtures.

Spectre said:
You could make one with Pogo Pins - Sprung loaded gold plated pins for making bed-of-nails test fixtures.

thats how the yanks jtag some of there boxs

yes but from what i hear they can only be ordered from across the lake as no one supplies em over here.

cheers

i would like to see pics of all these possibilities tested and not tested, thanks, as i seem to be having trouble with my jtag at the minute.

hi can some one pls tel me hew to make a jtag i have tried to mack one but it dont work thanks

try www.tailor-madecircuits.com got mine from thier good bulid quality and you dont have to short any pins (8-15) but would advise you to fit ground clap to pin 25 i had problems till i fitted you can get gold plated clip at maplins 49p well worth the money.

cakess

p.s. get a soldering iron too maplins also.

kabzy mabzy said:
also i know some peeps have made one for the sammy and i would be interested in some info on this, have asked certain members but not willing to help!

cheers!

i think i know who you mean mate me....lol

kabzy its been a while since i made i cant remember the name of the bits also as said before i leant it to someone and still not got it back mate otherwide i would of sent you it be now mate ive got a maplins catalogue ill go throught it see if i can find the name of the bit :)

oh and ive just seen the date of this thread ....LOL

:banana: Cakess is spot on i bought one from TMB came 2 days later top quality gear so why piss about.

jimmyq u crack me up!! i thought i was funny!! lol!!

well if u ever get around to it, let me know pal!!

cheers

Kabzy (the Great)

Back