Hard Modded as well as Soft Mod

blueboy71

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a Wii with a Wiikey 1, but its getting old and some of the games aren't working (laser I think). Is it possible to soft mod it as well and have a hard drive with games on? Also if that is possible I do not have Indiana Jones how would I soft mod the Wii?

Cheers

you can softmod it no problems mate and there is also a few games that can be use to softmod the wii
what version is the wii on

you can use "letterbomb" hack on a 4.3 wii,
so need no for any games now... :)

my Wii is one of the original ones 1st out, and i modded it with wiikey, ran the updates when they came out (if i remember rightly, something like 1.9g and 1.9s etc...)

anyway, i softmodded the machine and now it plays everything i throw at it (wii games of course lol)

so yes m8, your machine can have both mods done to it.

i updated mine last week using modmii, and then a friends for xmas present for his son and used that letterbomb.

any probs, just holla on here and plenty of modders to help you.

Thanks for info guys, I have v4.3e, will have a look at the letterbomb way, knew you guys would help out :)

Modmii is very user friendly and creates a step by step guide. Pretty much holds your hand throughout the process.

OK so far have got letterbomb done and homebrew channel working, however Wii isnt connected to internet so when i downloaded USB loader channel it was asking for cios 222, 245-250, got them put them on sd card in apps folder when i try and run them remote goes off and nothing happens!

Any ideas on how to install usb loader chan and cios's ?

sounds to me that when you have done the mod you have selected not to instal all active ios's.

best to redo the mod using the following settings on modmii. ( if you have already backed up nand then skip that bit)

1. "w" modmii wizaed and guid2.
2. "y" rehack wii
3. "4.3" frimware version
4. "e" europe
5. "bomb" letter bomb exploit
6. "y" would you like to download all active ios's
7. "4.3" slect version wii will be on
8. extra channels, pick what you want
9. custom themes, pick what you want
10. "y" usb loader
11. "1" fat 32
12. "3" both
13. "usb" where loader files will be saved
14. "y" go ahead
15/16 pick where you wanr files to be saved too.

then just follow the tut, if you have already backed up the nand then it sjould only take you ten minutes,
there is is only a few steps.

you already have homebrew channel installed so it will be just a matter of installing a patched ios 236, then installing priloader,
and installed installing all custom ios's using m.m.m. (this can be done in one go now , making life much easier lol)

sounds to me that when you have done the mod you have selected not to instal all active ios's.

best to redo the mod using the following settings on modmii. ( if you have already backed up nand then skip that bit)

1. "w" modmii wizaed and guid2.
2. "y" rehack wii
3. "4.3" frimware version
4. "e" europe
5. "bomb" letter bomb exploit
6. "y" would you like to download all active ios's
7. "4.3" slect version wii will be on
8. extra channels, pick what you want
9. custom themes, pick what you want
10. "y" usb loader
11. "1" fat 32
12. "3" both
13. "usb" where loader files will be saved
14. "y" go ahead
15/16 pick where you wanr files to be saved too.

then just follow the tut, if you have already backed up the nand then it sjould only take you ten minutes,
there is is only a few steps.

you already have homebrew channel installed so it will be just a matter of installing a patched ios 236, then installing priloader,
and installed installing all custom ios's using m.m.m. (this can be done in one go now , making life much easier lol)

just like buzzer said LOL

Thanks guys for info I used the wizard in ModMii and that sorted out everything, got it running now on a hard drive :)

Back