Hard drive

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just lumped one of me 200 gig hard drives in and it only read 137 gig, it would seem that the MB cannot see the rest after all :( Do you think it would be possible to flash the board to the news version of bios (not tracked it down yet) Also I have seen a version called honeyx for the K7s5a board but I am rushing out to work and have not had time for a proper look at it.

Any advice welcome ;)

'And all the fools sailed away'

Hard drive now working ;) ferkin psu. Very strange though cos I disconnected everything to the psu and just left that one drive on and it still would not boot yet it could drive the other 2 hard drives a cd rom np. So I have put a tiny 250 watt I had lying around in and its fired up no problem :)

I'll have to get out and buy a bigger one now but at least its working :)

Glad to hear that Dutcho.

If u r up for a new PSU, i'd go for nothing below 400W. Should leave u some room for sticking in more junk in ur pc :)

Ok the plot thicken's,,,,,

Got back on Monday after noon, computer has been running fine with a donor 250 watt psu in it. Started encoding a dvd and by eight o'clock ish walked into kitchen to be greated by a BSOD then computer shut down.... Thought hummmm Problem...

Pressed the restart button and the little green led flashed on then went straight back off, not good me thinks..... I disconnected everything and tried a different psu (borrowed off a good friend) of a 400 watt variaty. This had the same effect on the little green led, light went on light went off....repeatly.

Thought hummmm mother board up the duffer, so I await a new one, should go nice with the new case I ordered ;) But anyways Just nailed together an old p3 600 to tie me over and though ah I'll put me 120 gig in and be able to check all me data....

Guess what the ferker won't power up at all, ferk....... Any ideas on that one ?

I tried the 200 gig that was also attached at the time of the BSOD and that seems fine.... Wonder what else maybe ferked on the board now ????

Help... It all comes at once :(

No m8. The original system that I bought the 200 gig for , that had the psu prob has gone pop again. I assume its the motherboard but am unsure.... as a different psu borrowed gets the same result. I then brought my old p3 down and stuck the drives out of the other system in there, the 200 gig fires up np but there anit a squeak out of the 120 that was in the original system... don't know why as I would have thought if it had took out one drive why not the there ??

Also what esle might have ferked up on it, just order myself a new board cos i'm pretty sure thats the problem with power now, just hope me memory and cpu are ok as I have no way of testing them till the new board comes.

dutcho have a look on the manufactures site and enter the serial number from the drive and see if its still under warrenty it may have suffered a power surge this is not uncommon i always use a power protector (good investment) around £20 @ argos but hard drives can just fook up with no warning

CPU and memory should be ok. Just the mainboard gone then, get a decent one from MSI K7 Delta or a nice ASUS :)

Back