VU+ Duo hard drive issues

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys
got a hdd in my box, the box identifies it, and says that it is initialising, but then i cannot record. Is there any other settings i need to change such as recording paths?
Cheers

check its mounted as HDD in vix - mount manager

where is that option mate? when i click record i get no space on drive, but its a blank drive

menu - setup - vix - mount manager

setup mounts

then make sure your hdd is mounted as HDD

then reboot receiver

says unable to mount, it identifies the drive and tells me the name and serial number but doesnt display the size or anything

says unable to mount, it identifies the drive and tells me the name and serial number but doesnt display the size or anything

The recording path will be set as default to your hard drive.make sure you initialize the hard drive properly.
once you start the initialization it can take quite a few mins for it to complete once started exit set up menus just wait and a notice will pop up telling you hard drive initialize is complete only then can you use it.

If you are having loads of problems re flash image and do the hard drive again i found this the quickest way.
if still no go remove drive from box connect to computer and format it to fat32 put it back in box try again with the initialize

Last edited:
Press blue button it will show progress

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I click initialise and it says I can continue watching tv, but no pop up appears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

it will if you exit all the menus.as i said it can take quite a while 5/10 mins sometimes depending on drive size and box cpu.

Last edited:
Yeah it worked fine in black hole, put pli on no joy and vix

I think you are going to need to re format the drive mate.Its a weird one as when i flash different images the hard drive stays good.I have played files on blackhole i have recorded while on vix and PLI and vice versa as the structure is all the same..in affect your drive should not of needed anything doing to it only set up when to sleep nothing more.
As you have made so many attempts the drive will need now to be formatted one way or the other.
If you dont want to put blackhole back on (it will need to be formatted anyway as you have half done it)then take out the drive and format

Last edited:
Yeah it worked fine in black hole, put pli on no joy and vix

You don't happen to have the Tspanel installed on the openpli image do you that can cause mounting issues.

If you don't look under the plugin menu green button for a device manager plugin and try with that rather than rely on the auto mount plugin

how would i go about formatting it? I only have a laptop and a nettop, can i just put it in the nettop and shot windows on it then put it in the vu and initialise?

What size is the hdd? 2.5 or 3.5

You could use an external HDD caddy

Or if it can go in your laptop just boot up a windows xp disc and use the format tool on the disc but just don't install widows. There are also other HDD tools you can use to format dban boot and nuke is one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

how would i go about formatting it? I only have a laptop and a nettop, can i just put it in the nettop and shot windows on it then put it in the vu and initialise?

Yeah just format the drive in the desktop and try again in the VU

You never answered the question regarding if you have the TSpanel installed or not ?

The reason why the question about TSpanel has been repeatedly asked is that TSpanel and PLI/Vix images do not get along. It affects the way the receiver mounts devices using said images.

Please answer.

The only way to completely remove TSpanel is to reinstall the image.

Save your cam config files to PC first before reinstalling.

Back