Halal Subway

Cheers m8, I dont see any problem myself if it tatses the same, but of course you may get people who dont buy it because they dont think it is a humane way to kill an animal, I aint one of those people but there are lots who complained and the laws were changed to stun them....I think...lol

i actually think that prices will go up at first for products containing halal meat, as the meat has to be prepared before delivery to Subway. But once a Halal meat supplier clocks on that he can make money doing it im sure he will.

The other big chains have expressed an interest and i expect that if they do convert all shops to halal they may still offer the not halal option.
This has happened at my university where halal meat is now available on call order menus but not stocked on the shelves ready cooked.

funny you should say that we often buy halal mince chiken breast and others from asda as it is mostly cheaper.

erm...........i always thought subways and mcdees and burger king and all that was already halal?

uh oh

lol

Please excuse me for this and delete it but I just can't help myself.

The first ever Drive Thru Halal Subway opened in Glasgow, only trouble is you have to toast them yourself!

Probably a dumbass question, lol. But what is Halal and kosher? Is it a substitute for meat?
your question isn't dumb at all......(maybe ignorance and the media have played a role in shaping our opinions..)

Hallal:Food conforming to the Islamic (Muslim) dietary laws. Meat from permitted animals (in general grazing animals with cloven hooves, and thus excluding pig meat) and birds (excluding birds of prey). The animals are killed under religious supervision by cutting the throat to allow removal of all blood from the carcass, without prior stunning. Food that is not halal is haram(not permitted)
it's actually a healthier type of meat since the blood which carries Impurities from the bodys cells remains in the carcasse and can cause harmfull disease...

What about the bacon? I loves me chicken bacon ranch!

Is it likely that the halal meat kept in a different prep area to avoid cross contamination with the pork products? or will most Muslims not be that bothered?

I hope the bacon and he halal meat are kept in different areas , as I would be bothered. Hopefully they will not do the stuff they used to do with the burgers before(I saw this with my own eyes: the burger fell on the floor, the dude picked it up and gave it to the customer!!) I mean I just walked out, all though this will not change as the meat is still halal, its just that the staff is very lazy, so I do advise everyone not only muslims to go to a big main brach of the shops.

Subways logo is 'Eat Fresh'

What good is it if all the food turns up in huge plastic wrapped and preserved bags? If you look closely when some dirty student is making your sandwich, you can see stacks of ingrediants in plastic bags piled in the back. Everything in Subway comes in plastic bags, meat included. This is hardly fresh and not very appetising IMO. Personally I never eat there after I saw their practice. I was dumb enough to think that some dude in the back of the shop was chopping the salad etc.

Most of their meat is processed as well. Hardly fresh lol

If you eat Halal meat the chances are it might be Halal. The authority that regulates Halal food (the HFA) is run by some very corrupt people. My opposite neighour is is big Halal meat supplier and we often discuss how badly regulated the whole industry is. If you must eat Halal food go for the Kosher variety as the standards are much higher and buy it from a reputable shop such as M&S.

So far as Subway go I wouldnt touch them with a foot long sandwich.

Subway sell a lot of Italian stuff....does that mean they are bending over backwards for the Italians.

Italian food, where? In Subway? Well if that "supposed" to be Italian food....God help us all!!!! LOL

Anyway joking aside, I'm not Muslim, but I do eat Halal meat regularly for the simple reason that it taste better. Subway move it's only to make profit, after all they are in business for that reason.

Italian food, where? In Subway? Well if that "supposed" to be Italian food....God help us all!!!! LOL

LOL...thats why I refrained from using the word food and wrote stuff...lol as in Marinara sauce and Italian bread.

Anyway joking aside, I'm not Muslim, but I do eat Halal meat regularly for the simple reason that it taste better.

Tastes better, you could have to slices of cow, both killed the same way but one is blessed andd one is'nt, how does that affect the taste?

Anyway joking aside, I'm not Muslim, but I do eat Halal meat regularly for the simple reason that it taste better. Subway move it's only to make profit, after all they are in business for that reason.

I usually bless my farts before I let them out as they smell better

LOL...thats why I refrained from using the word food and wrote stuff...lol as in Marinara sauce and Italian bread.

You're correct Jaffa. I just notice that you wrote "stuff" instead of food. LOL
So they can give people any kind of stuff (sh.t) and let it pass for the real Mc Coy.

Ps There is not such a dish of meat balls with marinara sauce, marinara sauce always includes some kind of sea food and is never served with meats.

Tastes better, you could have to slices of cow, both killed the same way but one is blessed andd one is'nt, how does that affect the taste?

Is because is drained of blood that taste better not because is blessed!!!!
Try it you might be surprised.

You're correct Jaffa. I just notice that you wrote "stuff" instead of food. LOL
So they can give people any kind of stuff (sh.t) and let it pass for the real Mc Coy.

Ps There is not such a dish of meat balls with marinara sauce, marinara sauce always includes some kind of sea food and is never served with meats.

yeah but their steak and cheese on Italian style bread is nice sh1t...lol and if its halal steak I will still eat it.

ffs every post i read on here is a dig at each other and its getting tedious now ffs were all the same black hite yellow orwateverffs lets get on on this forum any stupid comments now wil be deleted by me personally be warned i will start with this thread prune out the shite comments

Back