Halal Subway

mohammed_khan786

Inactive User
Reaction score
This will only really apply to the Muslim users but I thought I should let you know that the first ever Halal Subway sandwich bar has been opened in London. It is a trial period but they say that if it takes off they will be converting all their shops.

I have also heard that McDonalds and Burger King have been interested in Subways move. So look out for Halal Big Macs!!!

please stop turning every thread into a muslim terrorist, if your not interested in the sandwich then fair enought, just dont reply

Subway sell a lot of Italian stuff....does that mean they are bending over backwards for the Italians.
The guy was only making any informative post, as said before, you dont have to eat it if you dont want to.

This will only really apply to the Muslim users but I thought I should let you know that the first ever Halal Subway sandwich bar has been opened in London. It is a trial period but they say that if it takes off they will be converting all their shops.

I have also heard that McDonalds and Burger King have been interested in Subways move. So look out for Halal Big Macs!!!

Lets hope it works out, shouldn't be too long before we can see halal, kosher and foods for regular fat people like me all in the same shop. I often eat halal sandwiches at work as generally they taste better. If like me you love food, you will enjoy this move.

Halal meat means that the meat has to be killed in a certain way. muslims cant eat meat without it being killed in the proper procedure, in the same way Jews have to kill the animal a certain way, otherwise they cant eat it.

Probably a dumbass question, lol. But what is Halal and kosher? Is it a substitute for meat?

Halal means lawfull or allowed in Muslim terms.. it is often applied to meat / food preparation its oposite is Haram or unlawfull. Kosher is the Jewish equivalent of Halal. If you compare the two religions they have a lot of similarities.

There is a lot of good information in the wikipedia about both .

Right everyone this thred has been wriiten to notify other members on here that Subway now have a product for people who eat Halal meat thats it.

and I suspect there is probably a few members on here that do....it was an informative thread and please do not digress!

Good on Subway for finding a niche in the market, I bet the others won't commit til they see the results. If prices are the same then why not go that way anyway.

i actually think that prices will go up at first for products containing halal meat, as the meat has to be prepared before delivery to Subway. But once a Halal meat supplier clocks on that he can make money doing it im sure he will.

The other big chains have expressed an interest and i expect that if they do convert all shops to halal they may still offer the not halal option.
This has happened at my university where halal meat is now available on call order menus but not stocked on the shelves ready cooked.

i actually think that prices will go up at first for products containing halal meat, as the meat has to be prepared before delivery to Subway. But once a Halal meat supplier clocks on that he can make money doing it im sure he will.

The other big chains have expressed an interest and i expect that if they do convert all shops to halal they may still offer the not halal option.
This has happened at my university where halal meat is now available on call order menus but not stocked on the shelves ready cooked.

i would imagine this wont be introduced in all franchises, probably only areas with high Muslim or Jewish contingencies.

With halal meet how do you know that they are exactly going to give you that in your food,,,

What i mean is..

A sub with chicken tikka

A customer comes in they run out of halal chicken tikka but the person behind the counter tries to be clever and gives the non halal chicken tikka instead without telling the customer

What am trying to say, they might advertise is but how do you know the meat will be different

not having a go or trying to be rude, just made me think

With halal meet how do you know that they are exactly going to give you that in your food,,,

What i mean is..

A sub with chicken tikka

A customer comes in they run out of halal chicken tikka but the person behind the counter tries to be clever and gives the non halal chicken tikka instead without telling the customer

What am trying to say, they might advertise is but how do you know the meat will be different

I was just about to ask the same thing. I mean how can you prove that you have halal meat, does the kitchen not also need to be blessed?

What i mean is..

A sub with chicken tikka

When they claim to be serving halal meat they need a certificate to say it is halal.

If such trickery does take place then the Muslim is not condemned for eating Haram

Your point is very valid and it should be pointed out that this does happen in some places(opposite of halal) meat as to the best of his/her knowledge it is Halal. if in doubt ask to see the certificate, but as the legal implications are huge not many companies will advertise it if it isn't halal

i suppose that would be a good idea. Unless it starts to work out cheaper in which case they might do it everywhere.

tbh i cant see it being cheaper. There is more preparation that will need to go into the food which i would guess would increase the price.

IF they are to sell halal food, then by rights they should not be using any utensils etc, in the preperation of the food for anything other than halal. but realy a muslim who takes his religion seriously will not by from them if they are selling non halal food in that shop any way.

So there is no difference in the taste then, just the way it was killed ?? or did I get that wrong.

the preparation is not that different. The difference is in the killing of the animal. The problem is that halal meat is not usually bulk packaged as salami or whatever you would have in a sandwich at subway and this is why it may get more expensive at first, but once someone does start bulk packaging in that way the prices should be the same if not cheaper

Back