Hacking WEP

I must be soooo close now.

Did all the above as you said...

Got the wireless to run in monitor mode, can see all the wireless networks round me.

Beacons increase, packets increase etc. How long do I need to run this for before using the .cap in aircrack?

It starts doing calculations (screen with loads of numbers and brackets) but then says needs more IV - i think.

Tells me to try with 5000. Does this just mean either the signal is too low or I need to run dump for longer?

When using dump and crack do I need to use any of the switches?

Cheers
T4i

At least it's working for someone.
It varies as to how many packets you need to capture. Sometimes several million are needed ( although I've never needed anywhere near that ).
If you're in KDE, open up a new konsole window and run aircrack. There's no need to stop capturing with airodump. You'll need to use the '-w capturename' to save the captured packets with airodump.
It sounds like your not trying packet injection yet. In that case it'll probably take a LONG time to get enough data to crack. Have a look at the aircrack-ng tutorials for info on packet injection. (hxxp://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=tutorial )
This thread is getting long. If you want to page me your email, we can keep in touch that way, and won't need to write loads of useless 2 line posts.

Last edited:
finally able to log into bt2 now silly me burnt the iso to dvd instead of cdr

pm sent beady

cheers.

At least it's working for someone.
It varies as to how many packets you need to capture. Sometimes several million are needed ( although I've never needed anywhere near that ).
If you're in KDE, open up a new konsole window and run aircrack. There's no need to stop capturing with airodump. You'll need to use the '-w capturename' to save the captured packets with airodump.
It sounds like your not trying packet injection yet. In that case it'll probably take a LONG time to get enough data to crack. Have a look at the aircrack-ng tutorials for info on packet injection. (hxxp://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=tutorial )
This thread is getting long. If you want to page me your email, we can keep in touch that way, and won't need to write loads of useless 2 line posts.

Really appreciate your time to explain m8. I've printed the tut out, I don't think even I can get stuck again now I have the tut in front of me, very self explanatory.

Cheers again,
T4i

What a great thread

I've been reading this over the past couple of days.
What a great thread !!
I don't think anyone could accuse Beady of post clocking !!!
10 posts, all very informative and thanked 4 times allready !!

Well done Beady m8

Cur1y

Back