guys need update what s the best

mapman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i am going sat and have been told dont buy tm whats the best one going and easy one to flash or fix .
getting use to the new look ,so sorry if this is in wrong place ,id rather it was on for the help.starting over,said a good bye to vermin.old tm is seen better days (not working lol) but new one will be on hand but just dont want to buy one thats fookin sh.t.so let me know guys.
thanks guys

respects to dh

Moved from general chat to here, i think it will get more replies.

thanks bro will look 1 out.

Hi m8 Technomate boxes are fab, the biggest problem they had was with the tm 800hd, if your going for linux hd then i would not not recommend the 800. But the tm5402hd non linux in an excellent box, great video quality, easy set up and great user interface. Good look with your new box.

The "best" has different meanings to different people. Budget also comes into it. best in terms of scalability is DM8000HD Quad tuner supportm internal DVD drive ertc etc. But also premium price tag, although a clone is around the 360 mark.
Secondly you need to assess your comfort level with things like FTP, flashing images etc. Open Source Linux recievers are superior to closed source recievers but there is also a learning curve attached, so if your willing to put in the initial effort then go for Linux.
If you just want plug and play easy to use, but closed source no customisation or software choice then looks at non linux or closed source Linux.

- Budget closed source boxes: openbox S9/S10 (Linux closed source) PVR, HD = 60 Quid, Spiderbox Mini etc.
- Midrange closed source: TM5402, Blade 7000, Spiderbox these are 150 quid range.
- Linux Open source Basic non HD = DM500S clone
- Linux open source = DM800HD Clone = 125 quid or less, DM800SE clone = 150 quid. VU DUO= 300 quid, Qbox Mini = 200 quid (twin tuner capable), Vu Solo, Extrend ET9000 etc...

Basically in my opinion TM and any of their linux recievers are rubbish with poor quality software inferior to comparable boxes i.e: TM500/600/800HD all of them have poor software support with less working features than cheaper equivalents DM500S/DM600/DM800HD/SE.

In short if you want to got the Linux open source route go with Dream or VU recievers. Maybe consider Extrend or Qbox Mini as outside choices.

Only consider TM if it's closed source non-linux boxes.

-

I agree with all gsmtech says there. Be careful of falling into the Technomate trap. The basic closed-source boxes are ok, but nothing else. But really in the modern world you dont really want a closed-source basic budget receiver.
Best idea is a dm800se clone or go the full distance with a vu+ duo, but yes 'best' is different to everyone.

Hi Guys
I have a Technomate 1500 ci+ super for about 6 years just use it for basic stuff these days great little box in it's day, I also have a Technomate 6900 super which I have hooked up to cs, and the terrestrial tuner is really good for me too, as I get the irish SOARVIEW for the last 2 years, I think it's a great box, I bought my dad one as well I was so happy with mine,
but a good mate of mine bought a 6800 and thinks it's absolute shite, in fact he calls it the Technoturd, he had major issues with it and got no help from the dealer in Dublin or Technomate uk, he can't say enough bad press about how he was treated,
maybe I was lucky, the guys on here seem to know a hell of a lot about hooking boxes up to the net so I would bow to thier supierior knowledge about what box to upgrade to
harrd choice
Best of luck
DLB

I am also new to the sat world but I went ahead and last night ~4 i ordered a DM 800HD SE with 500GB HD and wifi bridge for £200, everybody says its one of the best boxes out there. Of course if you wait you will get something newer but if you wait longer you will get something even better and so on. Good luck with your decision

..now back to the reading of how to set up the 800HD SE so i will be ready by the time the box arrives

Back