Gutted, 38 years old..

Hope it's not too long before your feeling your old self again mate. You take things easy now

Sorry to hear it mate.
I work alot on the Stroke ward where i work and you would be amazed at the recovery of folks with almost the complete loss of the use of limbs.
Physiotherapy is the main thing might take a bit but the results i've seen from bed ridden to walking in a few months is incredible.
Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that m8, all the best for a full recovery.

Scary sh*t that mate!

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Really sorry to hear your news Cliffy.

Keep your chin up m8 and I'm sure everything will all work out.

Maybe it was the shock you needed, I'm sure from this day on you'll be more self aware, could be a blessing in disguise.

I too smoke and keep telling myself I'll be OK etc.. but it’s not until you see someone else struggle with health problems etc.. That you start to look at your own lifestyle etc..

Keep up the good work with the stopping smoking. Hopefully one day I'll have the balls to stop :)

a lot of this is mostly genetics , l smoke and drink to much like most of us , but my m8 had a heart attack last month , the doctor said u have to lay of the fags and beer , when he said he didnt drink or smoke they then asked him to bring his kids in ,, and now there all on tablets and his daughter who is 16 and slim little thing had an higher cholesterol level than him ..

the doctor said they r seeing more and more of this now because less people smoke and they were alway blaming this for being the cause

and ive had a stroke, hasnt affected my face but all my left side is fooked. too many years of smoking and class a drugs or as one doctor put it a hell of a party animal. got out of hospital this morning, just hope the damage is repairable.

:JAWS1:

Fook sake Cliffy so sorry to hear this mate you've just gave me a massive wakeup call as i know i party way too much and i'm 36 although i don't smoke but i do dabble in class As a lot, i hope you get back to the way things were and your recovery doesn't take too long.

All the best Dave

Was shocked upon reading ur post Cliffy....Wish u all the best for the future...

My brother had a stroke twice and he recovered through exercise and diet.
Get well soon.

Really sorry to hear that mate and all the best with your recovery.
Keep the chin up though,, your still young enough to recover and get back on your feet..

hope you get sorted m8 it takes time, take it easy

Hope you recover soon Cliffy, thats scary as i'm only 41.
I had a scare a couple of years back , nothing as serious as a srtoke, was told by the doc to change my lifestyle , loose some weight, watch what i eat and generally take a bit more excercise and less stress.
It was a bit of a wake up call before i actualy had a heart attack or stroke.
Packed up the cigs in 91, dont drink that much these days either (what a boring life i lead,lol).
The Class A never bothered me, as i have seen too many people end up really screwed up.
Anway chin up mate and i,m sure things will get better for you given the right amount of time to recover.

cliffy
I take the same tablets but on a routine blood check the doc asked to test for Triglyceride level and it was found to be very high with me, I now also take tablets for this, could be worth you asking.

Triglyceride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, ditto.. preventitive care these days, have at least 2 glasses of red wine a day as well, thats the best tonic. The french and the spanish can't all be wrong

A lot of these problems we have is due to our genetic makeup, not what we eat
so every thing in moderation ......ps eat plenty of these..:Fish::Fish::Fish::Fish:

like the many members that have posted i wish you the best and hope for a recovery....sorry to hear about this......

for now......peace and take it easy for a while mate...

Back