Gutted, 38 years old..

cliffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
and ive had a stroke, hasnt affected my face but all my left side is fooked. too many years of smoking and class a drugs or as one doctor put it a hell of a party animal. got out of hospital this morning, just hope the damage is repairable.

:JAWS1:

Shit thats bad news cliffy. Fingers crossed for a full recovery m8

All the best mate hope your not down for long. Do you regret your lifestyle now - just curious?

That's horrid news Cliffy.

I wish you all the best for a full recovery.

I've a mate who had a stroke at 42. Smokes, loves his beer, and everyone thought that was the cause, but it wasn't his 'lifestyle' that caused it according to the docs.

He had a long yawning stretch at work, then suddenly felt terrible. Sweated profusely with his head on the table.

He caused a tear in one of the arteries running up the back of the neck, and caused a bit of the tear to travel into the bloodstream to his brain, causing him to slurr/weak left side/not really able to hold a 'real' conversation for long.

Once in hospital, his wife was reading him the riot act about his smoking/drinking, but after being told it wasn't that she calmed down.

It's a long recovery mate, with no guarantees of the final recovery percentage, but you have youth on your side.

I would like to take this opportunity, on behalf of myself and the rest of DW, a speedy and full recovery mate.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that cliffy mate :(

If ya want any specific info, just ask and I will see what I can pull down for ya :)

Rehab is the key though mate usually :)

Get well soon mate. Hey, maybe it's just the start of a new healthier you for many, many years to come.

Didnt expect that when I clicked into this thread.

Hope you'll be alright feller! You need to take it well easy for a bit.

jesus thats a shock to read m8 :(
hope things turn out ok for you,all the very best m8

all the best mate...maybe this was only a wake up call to make you change your life style. hope you get well soon.

very good website to read about all sorts of health stuff: NHS Evidence

Sorry to hear that mate, just shows it can happen to anybody, cannot see how the party life is to blame as there could be a variety of things that could have caused it

All the best for the future mate, and hope you have a fast and good recovery

My sister had a stroke about 15 years ago in her early thirties. She never smoked in her life or touched drugs, barely drank either. I was the one with all the bad habits.

She recovered ok, it's more common than you think among younger people.

thebigman

Back